Honored Contributor

Re: Overload, Jill Martin and Shawn

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@KingstonsMom ....it was (as is the practice now) shown ALL NIGHT LONG and then as soon as live programming starts, they show it again.......ridiculous.

@Mom2Dogs 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they don't present the TSV's ad nauseam, I'm saying that it's not unusual!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

The TSV presentations are too often and too long.  I just heard them say the TSV is one of Oprah's favorite things, so they will be repeating that with every presentations,

For me, I don't care what Oprah likes and it certainly doesn't make me buy a product.

@twinsisterI was thinking the samething.  Do people really care if it's Oprah's favorite?  I know I could care less.  I can't take Rick so I have hardly watched this morning.

@Pecky  @twinsister 

I wrote the same thing in another thread....This Oprah and celebrity thing just turns perspective buyers OFF instead of making them purchase....I wish QVC would get the hint that viewers don't like it and are tired of it!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I am onboard with the overload comments and I lasted about two minutes on that unwatchable show.  A bigger issue for me is that some hosts have lost credibility with me.  How can every hair dryer be the best ever, I use it every day and it changed my life?  (Insert any product here)  I always buy extras for my gift closet and so on and so on.  I want product information so I can make an informed decision and I don't care what the host does with it.  These types of presentations make me not buy and look elsewhere.  Hardly watch anymore and get most of my information online and from you guys. 

@mspatmac 

Well said!!!  And the same with these "fantasies" and clothes as they picture the QVC buyers wearing them in the Hamptons, or on vacation in Italy, strolling down 5th Avenue in NYC, or on a Carribean cruise.....etc etc.....yet they cant give measurements or fabric information....🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I am onboard with the overload comments and I lasted about two minutes on that unwatchable show.  A bigger issue for me is that some hosts have lost credibility with me.  How can every hair dryer be the best ever, I use it every day and it changed my life?  (Insert any product here)  I always buy extras for my gift closet and so on and so on.  I want product information so I can make an informed decision and I don't care what the host does with it.  These types of presentations make me not buy and look elsewhere.  Hardly watch anymore and get most of my information online and from you guys. 

And don't forget when they say they have multiples of said product----"I keep one in my pocket, one in my gym bag, one in my desk drawer at work, one on my vanity, one in my car glove box, and on and on.

Esteemed Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

For me, when Shawn and Jill get together, they start to really drain me, because there is so much emphasis put on what's in, what's trending, blah, blah.

I'm sure they are lovely young women on the inside, but as sales people they just drain the heck out of me, because they play up all the hype about these items, pulling in a lot of sales tactics that play to the insecurities of people who feel they need to be trendy, to be worth anything.

I might have fallen for this too, when I was their ages, but as an older person now, it all seems so stupid to me, and before too many minutes, I've had enough of it.

I want items that are pretty and practical, I don't need a sequined skull pillow on my sofa to feel I'm being current or chic.

I know I'm sounding grouchy, but I just find it tiresome. 

After I listen to all the hyperbole, I think, it's just a throw.

What????  You don't want a sequin pillow with a skull???   I am sorry I am lol.  I personally don't know anyone that would want one.    Your not alone!

Esteemed Contributor

I love the posters on this board.   I come here and read and LOL at some of the comments.  I agree with all of you   ENOUGH OF THE TSV 

Trusted Contributor

QVC must have taken classes in doing things to the extreme.  This channel needs an enem-.

Respected Contributor

Now  gili jill will expound over and over and over upon her new abode and her home interior decorating skills with the fab gili line.  Gag me with a spoon.

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

ha, they really said that? I'm not surprised but I didn't stay up or watch any of the repeat performances in the middle of my night or today either so I missed all that.

Wow a throw that will make you feel safe - must be like Supergirl's cape!

Yes, I heard it.   I never had a blanket that made me feel safe.  That was a dumb thing to say.  Too much hoopla over a blankert throw.

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

QVC must have taken classes in doing things to the extreme.  This channel needs an enem-.

@Jinlei 

Dear QVC.....

Image result for cats dressed as nurses

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.