Trusted Contributor

Re: Overload, Jill Martin and Shawn

@this is my nic wrote:

@balletbabe

@blueroses47

Of course what ages are young vs old is relative.  Those 2 women are in their 40's, I consider them to be middle aged, not young.  Shawn is 46 or 47, not sure abour the GILI woman, but she seems to be definitely over 40!   She and Lisa Robertson were good friends and seemed to be in the same age bracket.  

Yes, you're right, what we consider young or old is very, very relative.

I don't think Shawn is too much over 40, if that.  She's said her age a few times, but I can't recall.  Now Jill Martin, the GILI woman just turned forty not so long ago.  One year ago, maybe two.  I remember being very surprised, because her coworkers on the Today Show were talking about her "big" birthday, and I was sure she must be turning fifty, but then it turned out she was only turning 40.  I thought she looked very mature for being only forty.  She's not a young looking forty-something at all.

I go on and on, but for me, at age 72 now (which I can hardly believe), both these women seem to be very young.  After all, they could easily be my daughters.

New Contributor

Right on! And these throws are NOT going to keep you warm. They are NOT wool. By the way - I just can NOT stand Jill Martin - what a turn off she is.

Respected Contributor

Think Shawn is going to be Jill’s maid of honor? Lol.....sure she would love to be.

Respected Contributor

@blueroses47 

Hi Blue roses!

I recently heard Shawn say that she is either 46 or 47.  Wish I could recall exactly which, but it's definitely one of those directly from SK. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic 

That's about how old Lisa Robertson (the previous QVC diva) was when she retired from QVC.  Maybe Shawn will follow in her footsteps.

Respected Contributor

@maximillian 

We can always hope! 

Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@this is my nic 

That's about how old Lisa Robertson (the previous QVC dive) was when she retired from QVC.  Maybe Shawn will follow in her footsteps.

No, Lisa was 49 when she retired from QVC 5 years ago next week.

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47  - Shawn is 47.

Valued Contributor

I think the Gili brand seems to be just trying to re-create items that are already a hit, for instance, the throws.  When Lisa brought the brand which were her ideas, I believe, they were great unique items. Like her posh presents. They were great, now everything is just mundane  and repeats of everything else they sell at the Q with maybe a slight change. Maybe the brand needs to replace Jill, not a big hit with her.

Honored Contributor

The GILI in-house brand means Got It Love It.  Lisa Robertson had designers re-create items that she already owned, or saw other designers already sell.  Lisa did not design anything, just tweak others' designs.  The team of QVC-GILI designers would change some materials and some of the trim so they could be sold at QVC prices. 

I liked the large Roma handbags from back then very much.  However, 90% of the GILI clothing were all extremely fitted designs. I never liked those 4" platform shoes either.

I think Jill Martin is trying not to change GILI's image too much, but also bring fresh items once in a while.  The home market is huge right now, so she is apparently focusing on that, at least until the Spring.  It's definitely a hit or miss brand.

QVC should have ended GILI when Lisa left.  Then they could have created a new brand with Jill Martin, without all the perception baggage of the old GILI.