Esteemed Contributor

Re: Overload, Jill Martin and Shawn

I am onboard with the overload comments and I lasted about two minutes on that unwatchable show.  A bigger issue for me is that some hosts have lost credibility with me.  How can every hair dryer be the best ever, I use it every day and it changed my life?  (Insert any product here)  I always buy extras for my gift closet and so on and so on.  I want product information so I can make an informed decision and I don't care what the host does with it.  These types of presentations make me not buy and look elsewhere.  Hardly watch anymore and get most of my information online and from you guys. 

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I did not mind Shawn & Jill 's presentation except I would have appreciated  that they had  First held up one of the  hooded  wraps and had slowly shown  the features  on the clothing item  and what  the item looked like  fully inside.Their exuberance  undermines  them presenting any item in a logical manner to us customers .

Shawn & Jill  had themselves wrapped up  in the item and just  quickly mentioned  it had  knit wrist hand  covers  and pockets . Then  they gave a quick flash with the front panel  to show the inside pocket . The item was Huge !. I may have bought the black if it  was in a solid  XS  not as XS/Sm .

I've been looking to replace my sofa throws with something more kid friendly  rather than my faux fur throws that require dry cleaning . I have a Grandson and need something I can launder at home .

I did like the patterns on the blankets  rather than what I have seen Berkshire offered in other shows. I did like the free shipping and gift box .

That big wrap Jill presented.....cashing in on the popularity of that other big ginormous thing that you wear that those two guys come on and present. Can't think what they call it but no doubt that's where they got the idea to quickly do a take on it and share in the $$$.

Respected Contributor

@DottieD..love the comment..😂.. she’s unbearable to listen to! She appears to be Shawn’s + now JB’s bffs..
Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl..that’s exactly the thought that yo came to my Mind when I saw that big oversized thing that the 2 men sell ! I’m sure they are not too thrilled to see her trying to cash in. I’ve watched her for years all around the metro NYC area and JM is just plain obnoxious on all accounts.
Esteemed Contributor

Are you talking about those oversized hoodie blanket things??!!!  I could never function around the house in one of those........brings me back to the Slanket!!  Remember that??

(LOL)   Sorry but the Q is starting to be ridiculousSmiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

I actually like Jill.  I love her voice and the way she speaks.  I know what you are saying about things being trendy.  They've done that way before Jill and Shawn, but Jill and Shawn carry it to the maximum.    I agree that QVC changed when Lisa left.  I don't think it's because Lisa is gone, I think management changed.  I just got a survey and covered a ton of issues that are bothering me.  The magic seems to be gone.  Fashions are all the same, no more beautiful jewelry designers (real silver, not diamonique), Valerie Par Hill - lots of stuff you can get cheaper in stores.  I think Valerie's items used to be so much nicer.  I rarely watch what with the over abundance of spheres and finials - Ugh!   

The new hosts are robotic and actually, QVC is making the older hosts robotic too.  No more charm.  No more spontaneity.  If I hear the phrase "this is the only order of the year" one more time, I will scream.  I told them that is extremely annoying.  What's the point?  It certainly doesn't pressure me to buy.  I understand storage of unsold items being a problem, but they order ridiculously small quantities of items.  That's a turnoff to me.  If something that they surely have to know will be popular (otherwise they better get new buyers) sells out in 15 seconds, then I really would rather go to my local mall.  Shopping is supposed to be fun, not like that when you are ordering so fast your head is spinning.  My one favorite new host (Ali Carr) is so charming and laid back and has a great sense of humor.  I rarely see her.  She seems to have been relegated to cooking shows.   What a waste!   She's very attractive too.  

Even Isaac's fashions seem to have become repetitive.  I don't watch much anymore and it's actually a relief that I have broken the habit.  I do like the GILI throw though.  I love the company, Berkshire and have several of their blankets which are wonderful.

I also think the candle guy who left Bath & Body (can't think of his name at the moment) needs someone to help him with designs.  Nothing inspiring compared to what they used to have.

There are very few Candle Impressions which I still like.  Not all my candles have to look like real flames if they have pretty designs.

Last - even though I have a lot of pearls, I really miss the GOOD Honora shows that used to be.  Now it's like they are just trying to get rid of older items with a few new ones scattered throughout.  

One last thing I discussed was the checkout menus online.  Ridiculously cluttered  and hard to read where you change things.  It used to have a nice flow.  What's wrong with these technicians?    

Honored Contributor

I don't like the idea of FF through 3 hrs. of "....Gifts". Just divide them up into categories so I don't see beauty and vacuum cleaners together. I choose not to watch any shows with those broad titles. There's certainly enough junk to not put My Pillow with computers with throws, etc. 

Who cares what a host suggests? 

Valued Contributor

Rick wore me out this morning with Jill, I think he wore her out.. I truly like him, but whew.
WHO SUGGESTED HE DO THE ESPRESSO SHOW?!?!?!
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen one presentation of the TSV yet nor have I seen Shawn with the TSV.

Why would I want to sit and watch nonstop presentations of the TSV?

New Contributor

Did anyone else notice the size of Jill Martins engagement ring!  OMG It looks like a 10 carot diamond. Fiance must be wealthy!