Valued Contributor

Overload, Jill Martin and Shawn

Oh my gosh last night and then first thing this morning, too much too much. Then when live came on with Leah at 7AM there was Jill again, something needs to be done with this programming.

Honored Contributor

Re: Overload, Jill Martin and Shawn

The TSV today is a GILI throw and Jill is the rep for GILI.

It's not unusual to see a TSV shown many, many times throughout the day.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I rarely watch any of the shopping channels.  When shophq has jewelry or fashion I will watch it.  I love jewelry so I do watch JTV.  I know what I like on all  the channels, so when I need something I  will just go on line and watch a presentation.  I use to watch Q a lot  when Lisa Robertson was there.  It really did change when she left.  In my opinion anyway.  Q's prices are always higher than the other channels, at least I see it that way.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, with this repeat programming all morning long, all TSVs are an absolute overload.  I watch far less QVC as a result.

Esteemed Contributor

These days I only turn QVC on if there is something that I want to see. I used to keep it on for background "noise" so to speak and would often see something that I would buy. Those days are pretty much gone so it is no longer must watch tv.

Not a fan of Jill Martin, Shawn or this TSV so that means I don't need to tune in today at all. Does everyone need to do a "throw" under their brand?  LOL  Guess so, just like a few years ago when all of the jewelry "designers" HAD to incorporate druzy into their jewelry.  I didn't buy that either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

These days I only turn QVC on if there is something that I want to see. I used to keep it on for background "noise" so to speak and would often see something that I would buy. Those days are pretty much gone so it is no longer must watch tv.

Not a fan of Jill Martin, Shawn or this TSV so that means I don't need to tune in today at all. Does everyone need to do a "throw" under their brand?  LOL  Guess so, just like a few years ago when all of the jewelry "designers" HAD to incorporate druzy into their jewelry.  I didn't buy that either.

@GinaV24 

QVC definitely needs new Buyers....it wont fix ALL QVC's problems but it would fix some..All the duplication in products is unbelievable...We get throws from of course Berkshire and Northern Nights, Home Reflections..and now the clothing line Peace World Love has to have a throw in addition to dinnerware, then there's Barefoot Dreams, Lug, Valerie Parr Hill, Dennis Basso, Catherine Zeta Jones and Now G.I.L.I. with their "home line"   Can't wait to see if Breezies, Kitchen Aid, and Dyson come out with their version of throws---LOL Woman LOL

Im not a fan of Jill Martin either.....QVC loves her because of the exposure they get on the Today Show with her.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

For me, when Shawn and Jill get together, they start to really drain me, because there is so much emphasis put on what's in, what's trending, blah, blah.

I'm sure they are lovely young women on the inside, but as sales people they just drain the heck out of me, because they play up all the hype about these items, pulling in a lot of sales tactics that play to the insecurities of people who feel they need to be trendy, to be worth anything.

I might have fallen for this too, when I was their ages, but as an older person now, it all seems so stupid to me, and before too many minutes, I've had enough of it.

I want items that are pretty and practical, I don't need a sequined skull pillow on my sofa to feel I'm being current or chic.

I know I'm sounding grouchy, but I just find it tiresome. 

After I listen to all the hyperbole, I think, it's just a throw.

Trusted Contributor

Yes to Shawn overload.  Seems like every time I tune in to QVC, she's on.  Wish they'd give her some daytime hours and let us enjoy some new blood.

Honored Contributor

@K9buddy  I'll never understand why they don't routinely rotate the hosts.  It might help to freshen up stale presentations of stale products.

Respected Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Guess so, just like a few years ago when all of the jewelry "designers" HAD to incorporate druzy into their jewelry.  I didn't buy that either.

@GinaV24 , OMG, I remember when it was like the only jewelry QVC sold was druzy!  Now you never see it.  Did the druzy mines dry up?  Just kidding, kind of.  I have no idea where druzy comes from.  I never bought any either.