Esteemed Contributor

Orders taking so long to arrive!

Why on earth is it taking 7+ days to get items to arrive? Now that the USPS has taken over delivery of QVC's packages (to save $), it seems to take forever, as the packages sit in the post office waiting to be sorted and delivered. Ridiculous! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Orders taking so long to arrive!

Most merchants seem to be using this arrangement.  I suppose the purpose is to keep the USPS in business.  They always seem to be operating with a deficit.  I get packages faster if they're just sent USPS without getting UPS involved.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I live in California, and it's ALWAYS taken longer than 7 days to receive items.

Respected Contributor

USPS has been delivering packages for QVC and many other online retailers for several years. We either have to accept it, stop shopping online or pay for expedited shipping.

Frequent Contributor

I had a package delivered by UPS to the post office in Boise, to be delivered to my local post office office 2 hours away. The package sat in Boise 4 days. I was mad and called the post office. They said the package was sent the cheapest way possible and was waiting for room on a pallet. All other mail is shipped before the QVC packages as they are priority, first class and the other options. They also stated free shipping is shipped the cheapest way as possible and is subject to delays as well.

Valued Contributor

I agree that it takes so long for delivery of ordered items. Sometimes after I order an item, I reconsider and within 3 hrs decide to cancel. Then I get the message.....already in process and I can't delete the item! Interesting that the order can't be canceled within a very short time yet packages take forever to be delivered.

Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed this too.  Yet, I ordered something from HSN and it arrived my mail in a few days.  Amazon sends by mail and those orders arrive pretty quickly (no, I don't pay for prime).  I'm still waiting for an item that has been touring the East Coast!

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree!!  I just checked a food item I ordered on the 17th and it is sitting at my local post office since yesterday, it doesn't say "out for delivery" so now I won't get it until Monday and I am out of town for a week.  I have never had a food item take over a week to receive!  Yes, they have been using USPS for years, however,  passing of the package back and forth between UPS and the post office is something new and ridiculous!  I have seen in tracking a package go from UPS to the post office and back to UPS saying they will be in the neighborhood so they will deliver it, well UPS is in my neighborhood everyday!

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Why on earth is it taking 7+ days to get items to arrive? Now that the USPS has taken over delivery of QVC's packages (to save $), it seems to take forever, as the packages sit in the post office waiting to be sorted and delivered. Ridiculous! 

@Effie54  I don't understand why so many have issues getting packages.   I get everything before the estimated delivery date.  Maybe it depends where you live?   

Frequent Contributor

I think "Smart Post" as they call this new shipping method is a complete BUST and a joke. You can not accurately track a package like that. And those packages are contracted out to local driver that are not even UPS or USPS employees. I have a friend who transports them back and forth everyday to our PO and she does it in her "Prious" or her husbands SUV. They don't really know where those packaes go. And If you try and get it delivered by UPS to your door like you used to could they will tell you they "don't" offer that anymore it's shipped the cheapest way. If it's something I really need by a certain date I just pay for express and even then it will sit for a couplle of day "IN PROCESS" before it actually ships. They need to rebvamp the shipping process BIGTIME!