Trusted Contributor

There is no sense using check status for your orders.  Since they never order enough merchandise, especially in the print or colors that they should know would be popular, they just give your order to someone else and your order is on back order.  I've had that happen 4 times.  I did get them within a few weeks but it just happened to me with the Isaac Leopard top one day after I ordered it.  Annoying for them to change things up.   The other 3 prints have total availability and weren't really pretty like Isaac's designs usually are.   I think they need me to supervise their buyers.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Ordering on check status

if you take the plunge and use a piece of plastic for your order, you should get your items.   they fill the check orders very last. 

why should they hold your item, waiting for your piece of paper?  you could  not mail it for a week or so, or just change your mind. 

if you don't want to charge it, and it to come out of your checking account, there is always a debit card.

Honored Contributor

I used to take advantage of "check hold" during summer vacations. It seemed most of our neighborhood emptied at the same time each summer. I didn't want packages sitting on our front porch, and I didn't want to ask my friends to drive 10 miles out of their ways to check my front porch every day. So if I ordered something while we were gone I would put it on check hold and change to a card about 3 days before we left to come back. I REALLY appreciated being able to do that.  

Of course all that was a few years ago. I never had trouble getting my order back then. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I used to take advantage of "check hold" during summer vacations. It seemed most of our neighborhood emptied at the same time each summer. I didn't want packages sitting on our front porch, and I didn't want to ask my friends to drive 10 miles out of their ways to check my front porch every day. So if I ordered something while we were gone I would put it on check hold and change to a card about 3 days before we left to come back. I REALLY appreciated being able to do that.  

Of course all that was a few years ago. I never had trouble getting my order back then. Smiley Happy

I don't think it's fair to ask a business to sit on something you may or may not send a check for and tie up their inventory.  You didn't want to ask your friends to drive 10 miles to get your packages but think nothing of asking someone else to do you a favor.   I am sorry but they are running a business and need to move their inventory or they are oug of business.

I am honestly surprised they still do this check hold thing at all.  Most companies do not.

Honored Contributor

Quantities bought are arrived at by formulas using past sales and current  trends. (I used to be a men's sportswear buyer) The pandemic has turned all of this on its ear.  Things are selling out that no one figured on.  If you really want it use a debit card. If your credit is a mess a debit card is a good way to straighten it out.  

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, but QVC has had items sell out in one minute way before the pandemic.   Popular prints cannot be predicted by past formulas, it's by sharp buyers who know their stuff.  Part of it is trends, which is why they should have purchased more of the leopard print which is now backordered while the other three non-Isaac looking prints are still available in every size.  They aren't like the beautiful prints Isaac always did. 

I didn't tell QVC to start or to keep check status, but an e-mail to customers stating that items would be given to someone else would be nice.  They have always been notorious for not communicating with customers.  So please don't anyone tell me I'm not fair for expecting something that a company initiated.  That's a bit twisted thinking, don't you think?   

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I don't think it's fair to ask a business to sit on something you may or may not send a check for and tie up their inventory.  You didn't want to ask your friends to drive 10 miles to get your packages but think nothing of asking someone else to do you a favor.   I am sorry but they are running a business and need to move their inventory or they are oug of business.

I am honestly surprised they still do this check hold thing at all.  Most companies do not.

@Miss Pepsi - I understand your concerns, but some other companies WILL hold shipment with a card on file, or at least they used to. Alex and Ani and Bath & Body Works both have done this for me. They both had my credit card on file, and I agave them a specific date when it would be safe to ship.

I called QVC when I first started around 2006 to see if they could hold my package until a certain date. NOW I understand that was a silly request of a big company! The CS rep I talked to was the one who told me about check hold. I appreciated that so much!

We still scheduled our vacations around the school year back then, as did my neighbors. 

With packages getting taken from porches frequently today, I don't think it's fair to deny a customer a purchase simply because no one will be around to check someone's porch every day. 

I think QVC's policy of "check hold" is one of the best ideas a company has ever had to get their merchandise to ALL customers. I realize not everyone will agree!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've read gazillion times here about the "check hold policy."  There is no "check hold" policy.  To my knowledge there never has been.  QVC accepts checks as payments, and IMO some people use that as a way to hem and haw about a purchase and tie up inventory until they decide if they really want it.  I've read many times of a poster debating a purchase, "buying" it by selecting pay by check - then either they decide they do want it (and switch payment to a credit card) or don't want it and just ignore it. 

QVC needs to do away with accepting checks IMO. 

Honored Contributor

With packages getting taken from porches frequently today, I don't think it's fair to deny a customer a purchase simply because no one will be around to check someone's porch every day. 

I never order anything if I'm planning on going away.  No one is denying anyone's purchases.  I don't even understand that one TBH.