Respected Contributor

maybe this has been discussed, and if so,my bad.wondering when did qvc let hosts order items,while presenting?I never seen this before until tonight.amy was trying to put her password in while presenting ugg sweater knit lounge set

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  Interesting. I recall many hosts saying 
"if there are any left, I want to order one when I get off the air". If Amy did that, it's in pretty poor taste, IMO.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

wow,wonder if she will get called out on this.i guess I've never seen this on any shopping channel.they sure do have some cute clothes on tonight.uh oh,ther goes my zero balance on q card

Respected Contributor

I can remember when some hosts used to do it.  It seemed "the thing to do at the time."  A host would shout out to someone behind the camera or person directing show, "grab me a large in the blue print...." or something similar.  Then one time I was watching Dennis Basso, I think the host was Jacque (remember her?) and she did something like that.  Well, DB threw a fit saying he couldn't believe she was shopping.  I don't think I saw it happen after that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ordering on air?

[ Edited ]

It happens a lot. They didn't used to be able to but I guess anything goes now. Shawn does it all,the time. Of course it could all be fake to try and get people to order.

Respected Contributor

Jackie the model who i love has on a olive green zip up jacket.it is really darling.not sure that I like the suits on each side

Respected Contributor

I don't believe for a minute they are ordering anything.  They see everything before the show.  A lot of them probably have already received samples of the item weeks before the presentations.

I think it is just to get people into an ordering frenzy.  I remember another host used to do this.  She would tell people off camera to order for her and then when the item sold out and her designated order person didn't order fast enough, she'd put on a sad face like she lost her best friend!  What a joke.

It is all a big sales tactic.

Honored Contributor

Been discussed at least a million times.

Respected Contributor

as I stated,if this has been discussed,my bad.ive never seen this discussion before.

Honored Contributor

Its been discussed often, as frequently as last week but that's okay.  Many of us feel certain it's a cheap sales ploy to get people to order.  One of the main reasons I no longer watch live programming. 

They used to mention they could be fired for doing it.  Boy have times changed.  Now it's anything goes.... the more sleezy, the better. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment