Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Its been discussed often, as frequently as last week but that's okay.  Many of us feel certain it's a cheap sales ploy to get people to order.  One of the main reasons I no longer watch live programming. 

They used to mention they could be fired for doing it.  Boy have times changed.  Now it's anything goes.... the more sleezy, the better. 

@Kachina624     You haven't watched JTV????   They even have a male host who SINGS.........

Edited to add:   I almost forgot about the chicken, and the "horn" for free shipping items......    

@Desertdi    I can't watch JTV.  It bores me to death.  Having heard the singing or horn. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Its been discussed often, as frequently as last week but that's okay.  Many of us feel certain it's a cheap sales ploy to get people to order.  One of the main reasons I no longer watch live programming. 

They used to mention they could be fired for doing it.  Boy have times changed.  Now it's anything goes.... the more sleezy, the better. 

@Kachina624     You haven't watched JTV????   They even have a male host who SINGS.........

Edited to add:   I almost forgot about the chicken, and the "horn" for free shipping items...... 

Good points, @Desertdi.   I've been a JTV customer over the years -- you're right about some of their shenanigans.😂  However, after reading some posts here on the forums, I decided to watch the ShopLC presentations -- it's not offered on my cable, so I've been watching online.  I think some of their hosts and (in my opinion) questionable sales tactics go 'way beyond anything on QVC, HSN, or JTV.  I'm not even sure how to describe it.   It's different, that's for sure.🤔😉

@dooBdoo    Actually, I kinda find JTV "fun" once in a while.....although they don't seem to have  bargains any more. 

My cable dropped ShopLC.......THAT was really an "amateur" production......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I've seen some of the hosts on ShopHQ do it, using their phones. Definitely has to be a sales tactic. 

Frequent Contributor

@pattypeep    Yes, I've seen Amy do that several times while on air. She'll try to make it be about "how to use the QVC app" as if customers already don't know. Huge shopping addiction from that one.....