Respected Contributor

yes it does seem anything goes.guess I should go with the flow kachina624

Honored Contributor

Re: Ordering on air?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Its been discussed often, as frequently as last week but that's okay.  Many of us feel certain it's a cheap sales ploy to get people to order.  One of the main reasons I no longer watch live programming. 

They used to mention they could be fired for doing it.  Boy have times changed.  Now it's anything goes.... the more sleezy, the better. 

@Kachina624     You haven't watched JTV????   They even have a male host who SINGS.........

Edited to add:   I almost forgot about the chicken, and the "horn" for free shipping items......    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

They absolutely order live on air now.  Apparently the rules have changed. 

I've seen a few hold the phone up to the camera to show the ORDER COMPLETE notification on the app.

Respected Contributor

David ordered his ITKWD spoon rests while on air on Sunday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

as I stated,if this has been discussed,my bad.ive never seen this discussion before.

@Luvsmyfam  - It's okay if things have been discussed over and over.  Don't worry about it.

(I always enjoy your threads Smiley Happy )

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

David ordered his ITKWD spoon rests while on air on Sunday.

@catter70 

He's getting like some celebrities, Isaac for example, who will slap their name on anything to enrichen their coffers. Such an obvious money grab. What's next, ITKWD potholders? Or ITKWD toothpick holders? In your choice of 20 colors?  The David lovers will probably beat me down for that but that's the way I see it. 

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

Jackie the model who i love has on a olive green zip up jacket.it is really darling.not sure that I like the suits on each side

I like Jackie a lot, she's so pleasant, but last night all her clothing they had on her was too tight. It crinkled all around her shoulder. Who ever gets the clothes out for  these models needs to stop this . As soon as I see something crinkle on a arm hole or way to tight on the leg, then I won't buy it. This is a terrible sellin point.

Honored Contributor

When I first started watching QVC I thought they were REALLY ordering. They would make a big deal about how they weren't allowed to order until after the show was over. 

One of first things I ordered online was a swimsuit cover up. The host went on and on about how cute it was. She was giving instructions to someone off stage for the two colors she wanted and the size- XXXXXS of course! LOL! I remember thinking, as a QVC "newbie," I was lucky to get the color SHE liked! Now I know better!

At least I still have that cover up and still wear it once in a while! 

I've come to realize which hosts I "think" legitimately wear/use what they are selling and which are just really good salespeople!

But I certainly know some of it is just a sales tactic.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Its been discussed often, as frequently as last week but that's okay.  Many of us feel certain it's a cheap sales ploy to get people to order.  One of the main reasons I no longer watch live programming. 

They used to mention they could be fired for doing it.  Boy have times changed.  Now it's anything goes.... the more sleezy, the better. 

@Kachina624     You haven't watched JTV????   They even have a male host who SINGS.........

Edited to add:   I almost forgot about the chicken, and the "horn" for free shipping items...... 

Good points, @Desertdi.   I've been a JTV customer over the years -- you're right about some of their shenanigans.😂  However, after reading some posts here on the forums, I decided to watch the ShopLC presentations -- it's not offered on my cable, so I've been watching online.  I think some of their hosts and (in my opinion) questionable sales tactics go 'way beyond anything on QVC, HSN, or JTV.  I'm not even sure how to describe it.   It's different, that's for sure.🤔😉

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

It use to be done frequently, but I have not seen a host order on air in over a year.  Last week I heard one of the hosts (can't remember which one) mention that she had to wait until she got off the show to order and that they were not allowed to do that anymore.

I fall into the camp of not caring if they order on the show or not. Especially, if they are using their phones to do it and not hollering up at the producer during the show, like they use to in years past.