Honored Contributor

@ChouChou  Sounds like many of us are saying the same things.

You think they'll read these and start taking the hints?

Super Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@ChouChou  Sounds like many of us are saying the same things.

You think they'll read these and start taking the hints?

I don't think so. These guys at the top tend to be hotshot business school grads who just KNOW that they're right. They will continue with these stunt programs like Fri-Yay and Kim Gravel's talk show until they have so tarnished the brand that it can't be brought back. You need look no further than Sears and JCPenney for their business model. They and the Q put their collective heads in the sand and will insist on selling what they want to sell and not give the customer what he/she wants.  Q is alienating their best customers and they don't know how to stop. Look at Zulilly. They are laying off people. QVC and HSN are not far behind.

Regular Contributor

Between quality issues, bad reviews, shipping, and the same old stuff, it's a hard pass for me. I will only order from sites with free shipping and returns, but I'm ordering a lot less because I have enough stuff. 

Football is my favorite season.
Regular Contributor

I have not purchased anything since January of this year (a record for me)!! I tend to watch the kitchen/food programs, and realize I have what I need. I also find myself asking, "do I really need that?".   I definitely use the Le Creuset cookware I have purchased on QVC and elsewhere.

Am I changing? Is QVC changing?  I think it's a combination of the two.

I'll add that the ridiculousness of the shark costumes featured recently had myself rolling my eyes at the product itself, and the poor hosts that were trying to hawk those particular things.

Trusted Contributor

The Q's advertising is targeted at young female shoppers - people who apparently aren't interested in what is being offered and in shopping at mom's /grandma's shopping channel.  When was the last time a mature woman was featured in a print ad or still?  Not much offends me, but the Q isn't catering to my generation (63) but still wants our money without making the effort to earn it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Ordering Less

[ Edited ]

I have not ordered things like food or fashion from shopping channels and   I wont order fashion because of the cost and the  cost of returns. Stopped ordering shoes for the same reason!

I do need to stop with ordering skin care and beauty products, that is my weakness. Need to stop watching then I wont be tempted to order. I need to cut my spending of these way back.  Thinking about just buying what I need, when I need them, in a store!

Occasional Contributor

Me too, I keep the shopping channels on when nothing else is on that I like. I have so many clothes that are new and never worn. I am  retired so now I buy retirements clothes but how much can you wear when you don't work anymore? Jewelry by Jay's Mine Find, loaded up with that too and I stopped wearing jewerly except for my religious medals. Watches not worn now need new batteries. QVC prices are through the roof and returns are very expensive to boot. Unless I see something special I would rather keep my $$$ in my checking account and not QVC's account.

Occasional Contributor

I see the same things I ordered before from QVC and HSN which I was lucky to buy at the original price. Today's special is a kitchen card for $99 not bad but I already have four of them which are in various rooms of my house. And it looks that this cart is smaller than the original size too.

Occasional Contributor

I find myself ordering clothes from Amazon, which I never thought I would ever do!  But, they have the same lines there too. Susan Graver is there and the prices are less usually.

Ok, there aren't that many sizes or colors in some of the lines but Sketcher shoes are there and I bought a pair for half price and I have Prime so I get the stuff in one or two days. Returns much easier now with Kohls. Also, if you return something to Amazon which was defective or damaged they will send you a free shipping label and even pickup at your house if you ask, QVC won't even answer that question about pickup, just went through that. I am ordering less and less from them now. Tired of products like Bethlehem lights that look beautiful but stop working after a little while. Also, Valerie Par-Hill, she has nice stuff but a beautiful angel light stopped working after a while. Tired to spending $ and getting less value than what I paid for.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I have not ordered anything from any shopping channel for two months. I decided not to order clothing due to high cost of clothing as well as cost of returns. I have almost any kitchen gadget you could name. I don't think about Christmas until November. I have so much jewelry that I love and it is hard to judge quality and gemstone colors on TV. I think many of my purchases in the past were impulse buys. It seems as if I have gradually evolved out of home shopping.

I have not ordered anything in months.  I could use some summer shirts but decided to wear out what I have this summer and get new next year.  Whether that be from QVC, I don't know.  I reallfy don't see as much as I like in fashion like I used to and the prices have gone too high for me.  QVC's shipping/returns costs also bother me.