Respected Contributor

Ordered two of same item only one received, but CC charged full amount. MY MISTAKE....

[ Edited ]

Interesting....ordered two different colored frost guards (for car windshields) under the same order number.  Notified that one was shipped and I received it today.  When I checked on line, the other was marked Processed with EDD of 11/19.  If it is to get here by tomorrow, then I should have gotten a shipping notice by now

What riles me about this is that my credit card has already been billed for  both items.  I spoke with customer service and could not get an explicit reason why I was billed in total for a partial order and only comforting words that the other item would arrive in the near future, but more in likely not by the EDD.  She said it had shipped but she could not access the tracking number.  Because item was processed, she said she could not cancel it and let me reorder under a new order number.

Lesson learned, if you want two items and they are not offering reduced cost on multiples or shipping, place each order separately.  I have a funny feeling, the second item isn't going to arrive for quite a while and I will be making another phone call.  

I am a very understanding person. I just want things to work the way they are supposed to and not have to jump thru hoops.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ordered two of same item only one received, but CC charged full amount.

I've never had your exact problem, but I do not like ordering more than one item in the same order.  Not from QVC, not from anyone.  It's just too difficult for me and for that company to trace what happened.  It's one of the reasons that when companies offer a small discount for ordering a particular amount of merchandise and I'd needed to order several pieces top reach that limit, I sometimes figure out I don't really need anything.

I would expect you'll get your second shield, but not without discomfort - obviously.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I've never had your exact problem, but I do not like ordering more than one item in the same order.  Not from QVC, not from anyone.  It's just too difficult for me and for that company to trace what happened.  It's one of the reasons that when companies offer a small discount for ordering a particular amount of merchandise and I'd needed to order several pieces top reach that limit, I sometimes figure out I don't really need anything.

I would expect you'll get your second shield, but not without discomfort - obviously.

@millieshops

Thanks for responding.  Yes, I agree with you.  I think I am going to be in for some grief with this order.  The EDD was the same for both items, so actually the one which was sent arrived early.  If the second one is not marked as having shipped by Friday, I'm going to call again, and this time may not be as understanding.

I have ordered multiples from other companies frequently and never had this problem.  Sometime they may arrive in different boxes, or I will get a notice that it is a partial shipment and I am only charged for what I ordered.    

I think this is going to interesting.  I may have to be a little stern.

Honored Contributor

Well, QVC says it charges your CC when the item ships and it has shipped, so they haven't really done anything wrong in that respect.  But it's odd they wouldn't have just put them in the same package, unless the item was shipped directly from the vendor and they shipped them separately.  That's happened to me before.

Today I was expecting a package and, when I looked at the tracking info it said "Recipient not available".  I was thinking "What???  I was home all day!"

I've just called QVC and UPS only to find that it was "standard shipping".  Which means that UPS drove right past my door to attempt to transfer the package to my local rural post office.  The PO shuts at lunchtime and UPS tried to "transfer" it at 12:05; 5 minutes after they closed for lunch!  So now it will be delayed at least another two days.

With the new shipping rates, I paid $5.  I used to be able to select UPS Ground for $6.95.  Now the only other option was to pay $12.72 for "expedited shipping" and I wasn't paying that on top of a $78 item. So I didn't even have the choice of the usual UPS delivery.

I hate to say it, but the new S&H options are making me order less and less.  Other companies manage to ship in a more expedient way, often with free shipping.  In fact, I got two FedEx packages today that have arrived within days - one of those was free S&H and cost a fraction of the QVC item.

Respected Contributor

I've never been charged until it goes into processing.

I have received multiple items in one box recently.   But mostly they come separately.    I ordered three of an item awhile ago and they all came packaged differently and by different deliveries.  That was the weirdest one I've had.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Didn't they  just have this windshield guard as a tsv?  And now they're having it again as tsv?

Nothing better to use as tsv's I suppose.  Same with that Philos kit.

Respected Contributor

Re: Ordered two of same item only one received, but CC charged full amount. MY MISTAKE..

[ Edited ]

Well I have to eat crow.....and need to give an apology for my post.

I checked very late last evening and the 2nd item was assigned a tracking number and is now marked as shipped, so what CS rep said was correct.

Also last night I rechecked my CC statement and apparently the $69.92 charge I had seen earlier was a "preauthorization" for the cost of both items,  it must have dropped off as today I only see the charge for the 1st item.   I expect the charge for the 2nd item will show up shortly.

I assumed both items were going to ship together or the same day and since it was under one order number I would get an email if it was a partial order.  

Anyway, I am reminded of the old adage for what assuming can result in and I am raising my hand guilty.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Didn't they  just have this windshield guard as a tsv?  And now they're having it again as tsv?

Nothing better to use as tsv's I suppose.  Same with that Philos kit.

@PINKdogWOOD

Hi PinkDogwood, I didn't order it when it was a TSV, should have.

Several days later  I was racking my brain for some Christmas gifts for my brother and his girlfriend and that is when I ordered.

Respected Contributor

I don't think I've ever received two or more items packaged together from QVC (it's not often I order more than one thing in one day from them, though).  On the other hand, most other shopping channels will pack everything from one day in one package or box.  This is OK with me, but when I order a leather jacket and a ring on the same day, and they are packed together, what happens if I have to return the ring?  I'm sure not sending it back in the huge box it came in!  I keep an extra mailing pouch around for tthose rare occasions.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

HRe: Ordered two of same item only one received, but CC charged full amount. MY MISTAKE....

My understanding is that QVC charges your credit card when a item ships.  So if both items were shipped on the same day even if shipped separately you will be charged for both when they go out the door.  My experience with the EDD is that it is just a estimate of the date and many factors play into the actual delivery date.  When I have not received a item by the EDD and called CS I have been told that I must wait 10 days past the EDD before they will send out a replacement.