Contributor

Ordered an item, message that it's not available

This the second time this has happened to me. I order an item online, it says it went through. I get an email thanking me for my order. Then a couple days later, I get an email that the item is not available. Anyone else have this happen?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ordered an item, message that it's not available

Nope, I place many orders but never had that happen. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@mwells   Woman Sad

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

I do think this has happened to others, but if I'm not mistaken it was from customers who may not have had a strong purchase history with QVC and were attempting to purchase a high ticket item on Easy Pay.

Contact Customer Service and hopefully they can figure it out for you.

Honored Contributor

Is this with QVC or other retailers?

Never received anything like this from any retailer. 

With QVC, no emails, but the same or next day after I placed an order that initially showed it was in stock, I have seen waitlist, advanced order, and backorder. 

If this is happening to you, it's happening to others.  

Regular Contributor

Yes this just happened to me twice in the last month.These items were very popular and really sold out fast.I order all the time from qvc and have for 20 yrs. This has just started to happen always had waitlist  and always received my waitlist.Daughter had the same thing with an order notified today order no longer available.....So I ordered from another company....Guess this is one way to lose customers

Trusted Contributor

That has happened to me before. I'll get an email that the item is not available, then order status shows it as backordered.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes @mwells 

That happened to several WEN customers a couple/few years ago.

They put up some real nice WEN deals and we jumped on them. Orders were confirmed.

Then came the disappointing emails several days later.

Turns out they were trying to sell some things they no longer had.

I guess it still showed on their inventory, but didn't physically exist in the warehouse.

Edit to add: I'm not talking about things going to waitlist or backorder. They were trying to clean house and sell off old stock.

I know this because Chaz had changed the formulas and we were surprised to see this pre-change product show up for sale.

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone in shipping, receiving, inventory control, quality control and styling have a clue? They have some great sales people, some great products but once we buy, it all falls apart.  We pay for shipping AND handling which are both in Q's control.  If they don't have the products, don't sell them.  Tell us their delayed, let us cancel, Don't advertise "in stock" send an email confirming, then put on back order or send a cancellation.  And forget about auto delivery.  Communication would help.  We are all aware of the delays in the delivery chain, and the problems with delivery, they are not controlled by QVC but darn, be up front and communicate.  

Honored Contributor

I just ordered something on clearance that has gone to backorder.  This is the third time recently that it's happened to me.

Haven't gotten an email about it, I just noticed, when I checked my order status.  I don't expect to get the item, given past experience.