Respected Contributor

I think Q needs to be upfront with specifics as to how long one can change an order. I ordered on line from JC Penny and it clearly stated 30 minutes to change it. Some companies allow an hour to change your mind. However ,my order shipped out in a day or two. Preparing Your Order for weeks is what is agravating to me and no cancelling. Waitlist can be cancelled.

Valued Contributor

From personal experience, I don't think it has anything to do with Christmas.  I tried to cancel an order one time a good while back during a time where there were no holidays in sight  and 15 minutes after ordering I could not cancel.  Since then I make doubly sure I want to place an order.  It wasn't like this years ago.  You had a reasonable amount of time to cancel an order. 

Super Contributor

Update.....8:26 pm cst, I went to check on some other orders and now this one says backordered!! So I checked and I could cancel it. So glad! 

Esteemed Contributor

@crazy4bears wrote:

Just ordered a ring about 15 minutes ago. I decided that I realy didn't like it. I go to cancel and it says "preparing" and it won't let me canel.

What's up with this???

I have an order that says shipped on the 4th and still have not received it and I can't cancel one I just placed 15 minutes ago.

Not happy.

Pitiful!

@crazy4bears   I have been placing a lot of orders this season.  Today was the first day that I saw it go immediately into being prepared.  I agree with others that because of the guarantee to get out by Christmas that is why.   I placed an order earlier for argon milk and the order didn't show so I ordered it again.  I left for awhile and came back and I had 2 ordered.  I was able to cancel one of them.   Keep checking cause sometime it changes.