Occasional Contributor

Order workarounds, phone support or customer care updates ?

Clearly the free shipping day is disasterous for many online shoppers including me. 

I cannot see the item number for many items, or access the color or size choices. Clicking on those screens  states tech issues and to call. 

Another issue is those items that made it to my cart do not show free shipping. Iam willing to order and then deal with that if I have to but I have not tried actually checkng out yet to avoid authorizations on my card for orders that fail- a common problem. 

For those still trying,  I have a few questions:

1 )Have any of you have been able to reach support and actually get assistance and an order placed?

2) Do your items process if you do get them in your cart and complete online and if so, do they show the free shipping?  

3) Has anyone seen any sort or moderator update or comment? The issues have been ongoing for 3+ hours and that is a significant amount of time to not issue a status update of some sort....

I am looking for a solution or helpful advice for today.

Ranting and bashing is not going to get my closets organized or help decorate for holidays and I would be grateful for any ideas on how to work around the problems and take advantage of the free shipping benefit. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Penney

Frequent Contributor

Re: Order workarounds, phone support or customer care updates ?

I've been trying to order online for a few hours, and finally was able to place an order. I wanted to get 10% cashback from Topcash also, so I didn't give up!! Keep trying-- you just may be successful! Good luck! I know it is frustrating!!

Esteemed Contributor

@TNmomof4 - Don't worry about the shipping cost showing for items when you place them in your cart—when you reach the checkout page, the fees become zeros, so you will not be charged for shipping. I have managed to place two orders so far and once the checkout page came up and I could click the button to complete the transaction, everything was fine. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Keep trying.

I had to keep clicking on some of the items and ordering steps, but eventually--after several 'clicks'--everything went through and my orders were placed.  As soon as I got the order number, I wrote it down before I went any further just in case there was a problem later on down the line.

Then I checked the online receipt to make sure the order was correct before moving on.  I also immediately checked my email for the email confirmation.  

Oh, and yes, the free shipping does show correctly during the final ordering process.

It's a pain, but apparently it's a widespread outage and not just QVC.

Trusted Contributor

I just placed an order a few minutes ago.  No shipping was charged and I also checked to be sure I got a confirmation email.  

I also got errors if I tried to search for a specific item number.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.  If it didn't, I searched for the brand, had to scroll through everything, but then was able to click on the item I wanted to see.  My wishlist is also gone.  

Honored Contributor

@TNmomof4    Why make such a big deal out of placing an order?  Just jump in there and do it.  I just placed one online with no trouble whatsoever.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@TNmomof4    Why make such a big deal out of placing an order?  Just jump in there and do it.  I just placed one online with no trouble whatsoever.

@Kachina624Earlier this morning there were problems.  Most everyone was having difficulty.  Glad you were able to place your order without difficulty but that was not the case for others. 

Occasional Contributor

@Kachina624  I am not sure why you felt I deserved your inference that I was too stupid to figure out the standard routine without your direction to to"just place a order."  

I  read these forums often, and it was clear to many the order process was severely impacted yesterday so I was looking for helpful suggestions from those who had success.

I hesitate to post since the routine snarkiness of some give me pause about whether I would be welcomed or ridiculed.

Because of that a special thanks to the posts of @loriqvc @geezerette @Tadaki @lovesfootball - about their experiences.  I WAS able to order  some of the items I could place in my cart, and despite seeing fees for shipping, once I completely checked out, they did not show up on the order confirmation. Their insight was very much appreciated.

Once the global internet issues were resolved, I obtained access to my wish list and COULD finally order  the other items that showed having free shipping but could not be placed in my cart earlier Sun am for the 3  hours I had tried before resorting to asking for help. 

Thanks for understanding @qbetzforreal I was not just being " dumb"  intentionally. 

I didn't think asking for help WAS a big deal. I myself welcome a chance to  help when I can. 

Thanks to those who had the patience to help me!