Honored Contributor

If l had a dollar for every time l heard a show host say this, I would be a rich woman!!  Woman LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

From what I've seen ....checking  the product availability color-size chart ....they aren't selling out of much............so why would they order more?  Q needs some new selling tricks cuz we've caught on to the old ones.

Trusted Contributor

What Q needs is some new designers.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 

I was going to start a thread about this overused phrase yesterday then changed my mind because I saw other, earlier threads with the same title. Really, I'm like you, I have heard the phrase over and over the last few days.  It's almost as bad as the one they used for years: When it's gone, it's gone!  Well, DUH!

Honored Contributor

I guess they want to remind the world that they're not bright enough to reorder the better-selling merchandise while it's hot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I think the reason behind this phrase is that they were not able to secure more inventory at this profit. Therefore, this is it. They try to make you think this is a hot item. This is another case for buyer beware. 

Trusted Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

What Q needs is some new designers.

...and some less expensive brands of quality

Trusted Contributor

More always shows up.  There is nothing the Q sells that I can't live without.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, A distant relative to me had quite a career in fashion.  She’s long gone now, but she was one lovely and amazing woman.  She worked her way up in a women’s expensive clothing store.  Great stories of going to NYC on buying trips and meeting famous designers.

My point is she said it was not only selecting what to buy, but determining how much to buy.  If a new fashion item on QVC truly sells out very quickly - “no more til next year” - that’s a sign of poor estimating, loss of sales, loss of money, QVC.

The designers work for QVC, not the other way around.

Trusted Contributor

Its also the only order because it is typically a seasonal product.  There is no use getting a second shipment of sandals or plants or swimsuits.