Honored Contributor

Re: Only QVC would consider 9% off to be a "sale" price.

@software wrote:

Walmart must be setting their prices.

I have a picture on my phone from local Walmart last year when I was after-Christmas shopping.    The sign reads CLEARANCE $11, was $9.97

Except Walmart's price was probably reasonable to begin with for the same quality as QVC'S!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Amazing.....considering shipping on this item is $9.72, we're essentially saving $1 on the item (the sales price is $10.72 less than original price). Whoopee. I think I'll pass.

Respected Contributor

I really like Carolyn but even she took a trip to the Twlight Zone when going on and on about the huge savings on an item--it was all of $3 on a $75 item. I have seen the sale price here be 1 cent. So I never really think of Q having sales, rather you might save the equivalent of shipping.

Now that those shipping fees are climbing back up, it makes the revised shipping policy even worse. I will no longer take a gamble on clothing unless I have experience with the brand. Sadly, I have kept a few items just because the amount refunded hardly justified the trip to the post office. I keep thinking somehow that top will magically fit better if I just keep it--lol. It is equivalent to throwing money in the garbage, and I just add the item to my wear around the house category, which really means I let it take up closet space until the next cleanout. Foolish of me, so no more. 

Honored Contributor

I did a comedic double take when I was in WalMart and passed an end cap with cosmetics "clearanced" and found an item that had been $9.95 and was clearanced at $9.00!!  I laughed SO hard.... first thing I thought of was QVC...  what a joke.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Seriously?

Some people are ot happy unless they can complain.

The issue is simple.  Either you buy it or not.  Either the price works for you or not.   If you do not like the price, do not buy something.

Complaining like this does nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  It simply shows tha some people feel entitled to "deep discounts."  I am sure QVC could artificially raise prices to offer such discounts -- much the way Kohl's and Macy's do. 

Believe it or not, some people are turned off by such pricing games.  Some people understand that it is only a way to trick peopl einto buying more by letting them think they are getting deals.

Trusted Contributor

If money wasn't an option I probably wouldn't mind paying QVC pricing on some clothing but I find beyter deals at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I sound like a broken record. 9% discount wouldn't even entice me to look especially when I have to pay shipping. I find great bargains on sale racks and can get 3-1 items compared to QVC. Two weeks ago I went to my favorite consignment shop and for $35 I bought gorgeous, never worn coach sandals and a pair of jeans from the black and white store (tag still on). I was a very happy camper:-)
Esteemed Contributor

QVC and other TV shopping channels are living in an alternate universe when they quote retail prices as if anyone would actually pay a MSRP on something. You just have to look at what shopping channels charge for new style shoes and then look up those styles elsewhere using google to see what they really go for.

Esteemed Contributor

Of course go overboard with a 9% discount; they're used to seeing nothing! And all the hullabaloo over a 9% discount or a l0% discount from the hosts, well...sounds like a Fire Sale. The hosts see 9% off as a reason to buy one, two or more & stock up the gift closet. They tell us "there's no limit" on the item. They become delirious with anything discounted. I would be embarrassed to carry on like that over almost nothing off!

Contributor

I'd laugh if it weren't so true.  Pitiful.

Respected Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Seriously?

Some people are ot happy unless they can complain.

The issue is simple.  Either you buy it or not.  Either the price works for you or not.   If you do not like the price, do not buy something.

Complaining like this does nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  It simply shows tha some people feel entitled to "deep discounts."  I am sure QVC could artificially raise prices to offer such discounts -- much the way Kohl's and Macy's do. 

Believe it or not, some people are turned off by such pricing games.  Some people understand that it is only a way to trick peopl einto buying more by letting them think they are getting deals.

Not even QVC is immune to a reality check.