Contributor

Has anyone else noticed that since shipping charges have changed, the One Time Only Values are always one of the most expensive items in the show?  Just sayin!

Super Contributor

no, but I think most are items that didn't sell well. 

Occasional Contributor

No....many of the one time only's I buy are new items.

Honored Contributor

Re: OTO...what I don't like is when I dvr the later night shows, watch them the next day & see there was a OTO. Sometimes (Like the Mally eye liner offer on Tuesday Night Beauty) was offered around 10:00 & if had not sold out, price only good for that hour. What? Who can watch 24 hrs. of the Q...better yet...who would WANT to? Certain shows have to be recorded so I can go to work or sleep. The OTO policy needs to be re-vamped.

Respected Contributor

No, I haven't noticed that.  It doesn't affect me much, but obviously they pick up more business with this method of sales since they do it so often now.  Good for them.

Valued Contributor

The OTO'S used to really be good savings when they were done 1x a day, only when TSV sold out (or when it wasn't selling well).

Now there are so many OTO'S during the day, I don't even pay attention to them because they are not great deals. More attempts to try to get us to buy.

You have to be sharp to catch real values on QVC anymore !!

Honored Contributor

Re: One Time Only's

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Re: OTO...what I don't like is when I dvr the later night shows, watch them the next day & see there was a OTO. Sometimes (Like the Mally eye liner offer on Tuesday Night Beauty) was offered around 10:00 & if had not sold out, price only good for that hour. What? Who can watch 24 hrs. of the Q...better yet...who would WANT to? Certain shows have to be recorded so I can go to work or sleep. The OTO policy needs to be re-vamped.

@Shanus, I can do you one better. Last week I dvred Friday Night Beauty which is broadcast from10pm-midnight ET. Somewhere between 11:15pm and 11:45pm they had a Tatcha OTO. That made no sense to me. I would have been really annoyed if it had been something I had wanted to purchase. The only sort of good news was that the OTO was still available the next morning for abut $10 more.

It was still an excellent value, but that's not really the point. I felt as though I was being jerked around a bit. Yeah, I get it. It's QVC's playground and they get to make the rules... but if folks feel like something's just not right, then sometimes they just pick up their marbles and walk away. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think I can go one better.  Evine Live really ticks me off because they have their "once only's" all through the day (and evening), and they are only good for that show (1-2 hours usually).  Now, I work every day M-F, and if I didn't do that I wouldn't have any money to purchase their darned stuff.

When I get home and watch the DVR, I see what I missed and the item is now back to their regular Evine price, which is usually some ridiculously high amount of money.  They must think their entire audience is a bunch of wealthy housewives sitting at home sipping wine and eating bon-bons!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

The whole idea behind things such as the OTOs and the flash easy pay events is to get people to tune in to the channel or check the website or smartphone app throughout the day.  By driving traffic to QVC, tjhey hope to make more sales.

Only on these forums do people complain that QVC has too many sales.  Sheesh!