Frequent Contributor

I have a question about the on air cooking shows that use fresh vegetables & fresh fruit.  Also canned products & fresh poultry & meats.  I assume if you live   in W. Chester PA,  & surrounding areas, you must have a shortage of these items in your BIgBox Stores & Grocery Stores. I cannot get any canned goods or frozen or fresh Veg. or fruit much less frozen or fresh  Poultry or Meats.  Where are QVC & other Shopping Channels getting this stuff?????  I don't mean what the Vendors are selling.  I think they should stop doing these shows while there is this shortage. What do they do with all the stuff they make on air??? Is it being consumed in house or do they donate the food???  So much hoarding going on & I cannot go out & have to depend on Instacart or Pickup service but I cannot get what I need. I'm offended by these shows.  Please stop doing them!!!

Respected Contributor

I am having no trouble getting fresh fruits or vegs.  Stock is actually good on everything except paper products.

I think is good for QVC to sell these items.  I sent food and goodies to my family in VA last week.  

Food is their business products.  

Frequent Contributor

I'm not talking about what the Vendors are selling, I am talking about the food they are using on the cooking shows like on the Blenders they are selling today.  Where are they getting this stuff?  Our stores are out of everything here in Rochester, NY.

Trusted Contributor

I would be willing to bet that QVC has a well stocked kitchen in the building full of canned goods and frozen goodies.  Fresh items, maybe they have Farmers Markets.

Frequent Contributor

Well they shpuld leave the food for the Public & not for their shows.

Honored Contributor

I really don't think QVC wastes enough in their cooking that if they didn't demonstrate any of us would ever notice a difference in what's available at our supermarkets!. Even with fewer vendors and fewer off-camera workers, they still have a big staff and they all need to eat. Can't imagine that whatever's edible after the demos wouldn't be consumed.

I've been able to buy meats, veggies -fresh, frozen, and canned -- breads, sweets, laundry products ---all easily.  Even found TP and paper towels Friday.  I'm not hoarding, but I am counting.  Usually, I like to food shop often, but now I'd like to avoid the supermarket unless the milk sours.  

Respected Contributor

@gaga wrote:

I have a question about the on air cooking shows that use fresh vegetables & fresh fruit.  Also canned products & fresh poultry & meats.  I assume if you live   in W. Chester PA,  & surrounding areas, you must have a shortage of these items in your BIgBox Stores & Grocery Stores. I cannot get any canned goods or frozen or fresh Veg. or fruit much less frozen or fresh  Poultry or Meats.  Where are QVC & other Shopping Channels getting this stuff?????  I don't mean what the Vendors are selling.  I think they should stop doing these shows while there is this shortage. What do they do with all the stuff they make on air??? Is it being consumed in house or do they donate the food???  So much hoarding going on & I cannot go out & have to depend on Instacart or Pickup service but I cannot get what I need. I'm offended by these shows.  Please stop doing them!!!

Huh??????

Honored Contributor

You may want to contact the presidents office with your concerns.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I really don't think QVC wastes enough in their cooking that if they didn't demonstrate any of us would ever notice a difference in what's available at our supermarkets!. Even with fewer vendors and fewer off-camera workers, they still have a big staff and they all need to eat. Can't imagine that whatever's edible after the demos wouldn't be consumed.

I've been able to buy meats, veggies -fresh, frozen, and canned -- breads, sweets, laundry products ---all easily.  Even found TP and paper towels Friday.  I'm not hoarding, but I am counting.  Usually, I like to food shop often, but now I'd like to avoid the supermarket unless the milk sours.  

@millieshops 

It appears from reading all the posts in the forum that things vary depending on your location....The only thing in abundance in our grocery stores are PRODUCE and laundry detergent.....no meat or paper products....no soup, canned goods or frozen veggies, no milk, no bread...even pet food is in short supply....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Around here there are plenty of produce. Nearly everything else can be hard to find. Minimal meat, milk, eggs, bread. No rice, pasta, canned goods. No OTC cough or cold meds. No cleaning supplies. No paper products except a small amount of TP sometimes early in the AM. Inland SoCal.

Yes, also pet food and litter shortages.