Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Annabellethecat66   Leah is one of my favorite hosts.  She is poised and pleasant and a delight to all the vendors, models and viewers.  However, I think there are specialties amongst all the hosts and they shine in their best venue.

Have you ever seen Leah do jewelry shows?  Her natural voice stutter, while it doesn't bother me in her other shows, is to me, extremely bothersome when she presents jewelry.  Say what you want about a former host and her soothing golf voice when presenting jewelry, but it does take a lot of grace and fluidity to successful sell jewelry.  

Jewelry is more of an emotional purchase; it can make you swoon, if sold correctly.  Leah's stops & starts in her talking patterns is a distraction in jewelry shows.  I have seen her selling jewelry a total of three times over the years, and each time it's a train wreck.  There's always confusion, something seems to go wrong, she rearranges the presentation on the table or stand, but that always leads to more confusion. In the end, you're left with nervous laughter, or those off camera chats with the crew. 

Leah is absolutely wonderful, I try to watch all of her shows.  But there's a reason she does not sell jewelry more often.  

@Caaareful Shopper, within the last week or so, Leah presented earrings during a weekday AMS and it was, like you said, a trainwreck.  It was a your choice of size and style and she kept rearranging everything and it ended up a confusing mess.  LOL   

@Caaareful Shopper @Lipstickdiva I do not watch much AMS or shows Leah hosts but I happened to flip to QVC and see Leah presenting those earrings. She kept fussing with the displays and rearranging the earrings that I was very confused. Her stutter and nervous laughter, then throw in the "yeah" she says when she doesn't finish a sentence made me realize I cannot watch much of her presentations.

Frequent Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   That happens every single time. It's painful to watch. 

Nothing beats a few years ago (I will never forget it) when those Extraordinary Life sterling silver bracelets were all the rage on QVC.  There were three jewelry stacks of the bracelets, and they all had multiple & different charms on them.  However, all of the confusion was her own doing, re-arranging everything.  I honestly thought, not exaggerating, that Leah was going to throw the entire display off the table and walk out!  I never saw anything like it. 

@Lipstickdiva   That happens every single time. It's painful to watch. 

Nothing beats a few years ago (I will never forget it) when those Extraordinary Life sterling silver bracelets were all the rage on QVC.  There were three jewelry stacks of the bracelets, and they all had multiple & different charms on them.  However, all of the confusion was her own doing, re-arranging everything.  I honestly thought, not exaggerating, that Leah was going to throw the entire display off the table and walk out!  I never saw anything like it. 

Frequent Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Annabellethecat66   Leah is one of my favorite hosts.  She is poised and pleasant and a delight to all the vendors, models and viewers.  However, I think there are specialties amongst all the hosts and they shine in their best venue.

Have you ever seen Leah do jewelry shows?  Her natural voice stutter, while it doesn't bother me in her other shows, is to me, extremely bothersome when she presents jewelry.  Say what you want about a former host and her soothing golf voice when presenting jewelry, but it does take a lot of grace and fluidity to successful sell jewelry.  

Jewelry is more of an emotional purchase; it can make you swoon, if sold correctly.  Leah's stops & starts in her talking patterns is a distraction in jewelry shows.  I have seen her selling jewelry a total of three times over the years, and each time it's a train wreck.  There's always confusion, something seems to go wrong, she rearranges the presentation on the table or stand, but that always leads to more confusion. In the end, you're left with nervous laughter, or those off camera chats with the crew. 

Leah is absolutely wonderful, I try to watch all of her shows.  But there's a reason she does not sell jewelry more often.  

@Caaareful Shopper, within the last week or so, Leah presented earrings during a weekday AMS and it was, like you said, a trainwreck.  It was a your choice of size and style and she kept rearranging everything and it ended up a confusing mess.  LOL   

@Caaareful Shopper @Lipstickdiva I do not watch much AMS or shows Leah hosts but I happened to flip to QVC and see Leah presenting those earrings. She kept fussing with the displays and rearranging the earrings that I was very confused. Her stutter and nervous laughter, then throw in the "yeah" she says when she doesn't finish a sentence made me realize I cannot watch much of her presentations.

I can’t watch her at all!...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Leah looks fabulous.  It is hard to lose weight. Bravo Leah!

Contributor

Love Leah  Wish they had a few more like her.  Always classy.