Honored Contributor

Re: Okay, new show hosts, now's the time...

Complaining about 4 hours shifts--I know they spend time doing other things besides the time they are on air, but come on.  They also don't work that many days some weeks.  Seems they get generous vacation benefits too.  Shawn also seems to take a lot of vacations -- which is her business, but don't complain.

Valued Contributor

And I wonder if QVC does research to see how much their elderly/middle aged viewers are spending versus the younger crowd that I guess they are trying to woo.  I'm thinking it's their long-time viewers who are still spending the money and keeping them on the air, so I, too, wish they would use hosts who are "more like us" and not so cutesy with cutesy phrases, calling their social hosts by cutesy abbreviated names, etc.  Us more mature folk who are trying to relax, watch and buy are not interested in all the extracurricular activities.  Oh well, maybe I am wrong and it's the younger hip folk who are driving QVC now???...

Honored Contributor

The Q knows how much their long time customers are spending each month and usually the Boomers and older are the ones with the most disposable income. I don't believe younger people buy clothes at the Q, maybe electronics, possibly kitchen items. I think it would be in the Q's best interest to hire several young, handsome male hosts to huckster the electronics. I am so sick of Shawn and the older hosts, I am glad to see younger people coming on board. The hosts make 6 figure salaries to start, that's why the jobs are so coveted. You can imagine what the long time hosts are pulling in, if they are not performing, they should be gone, especially because they are given prime time selling spots.