Trusted Contributor

Re: Okay, new show hosts, now's the time...

@patbz wrote:

@just wonder :  Jill wasn't always so polished; I remember when she was new and sounded just like a Valley Girl.  Obviously QVC saw that she had promise and shipped her off to QVC Britain for a number of months (she came back as a polished presenter).

They did not "ship her off".

It was a temporary host trade.

QVC UK got Jill and we got [the very talented] David Bradford.

Trusted Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I enjoyed Jill at QVC but she probably picked a good time to go. With three channels, no one is exempt from long shifts. Shawn was complaining the other night about a four hour shift. Shopping TV channels may soon be extinct because younger people do everything online. Life is all about change, accepting change is key.

Complained?

Really?

Levine used to do four four hour shifts per week, every week.

Usually Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

If it's too much for her, I will take Shawn's job.

Honored Contributor

This last group of hires are not well-prepared.  I doubt any will be at QVC for the long haul.    I will miss Jill as she was always prepared, no yelling, gave pertinent information and was a great host.

Super Contributor

4 hour shifts, but that get paid more than enough $.  They shouldn't be complaining.  It isn't an easy job, but they are paid well!  Out with the old and in with the inexperienced, not so polished hosts.  If you have been around for years with the Q, you appreciate the older, experienced hosts. I liken it to the new teacher vs. the experienced teacher, if you walk into their classroom and observe for a few minutes, you can easily see who knows what they are doing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chessylady wrote:

I enjoyed Jill at QVC but she probably picked a good time to go. With three channels, no one is exempt from long shifts. Shawn was complaining the other night about a four hour shift. Shopping TV channels may soon be extinct because younger people do everything online. Life is all about change, accepting change is key.

@chessylady 

Shawn should consider herself lucky...lately I've seen some hosts working same day split shifts ...But well that's Shawn....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hello!  My take on it is this.  I think we are seeing more and more of the seasoned hosts trying to amp up their sales by resorting to more and more high pressure tactics (eg, speaking fast and loud, over-using phrases, etc) in an effort to stay ahead of/relevant with the newer crop of hosts chomping at the bits.  They must all have sales quotas and those who don’t meet them are gone and those who are in danger of being gone resort to more extreme tactics.  The truly seasoned hosts, like Jill or Mary Beth, may have gotten to or are getting to the point where it is just not worth it anymore.  I got to that point in my own career, which was also commercially/sales focused.

Regular Contributor

I honestly don't care for any of the new hosts! Still wondering what happened to Jacque G. There is something comfortable about watching hosts like Jill! I will miss her, but I am happy she is putting family first and change is inevitable! Wishing her all the best!
Regular Contributor

Just want to add, many viewers are middle aged or elderly you would think QVC would hire a few mature hosts so us OBG's can relate to them! Are you listening QVC?????????
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@smb3 wrote:

4 hour shifts, but that get paid more than enough $.  They shouldn't be complaining.  It isn't an easy job, but they are paid well!  Out with the old and in with the inexperienced, not so polished hosts.  If you have been around for years with the Q, you appreciate the older, experienced hosts. I liken it to the new teacher vs. the experienced teacher, if you walk into their classroom and observe for a few minutes, you can easily see who knows what they are doing. 

@smb3 

So, you know how much is their salary?

Respected Contributor

@smb3 wrote:

Wasn't her motto 'fake it till you make it'. She still does that. She is never prepared and talks like she is in high school. No wonder why Martha fired her from the apprentiss. 

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18