Honored Contributor

Re: Okay Where Are The Comments-Fall Preview!

As long as we are complaining, why isn't it celebrated as Christmas In June? As I count on my trusty fingers, June is the halfway point, not July.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG I believe it was introduced during the hot month of July as a way to take people's minds off their sweating misery. Very little air conditioniing when I was a kid and first saw CIJ at our local five & dime.

Honored Contributor

Hi Spurt.  

I hate Christmas (long story) so I'll never watch a Christmas show.  I'd love to have a couple new things for fall/winter but I don't really need anything.  I usually shop elsewhere so I can get real sale prices and free shipping and returns.  

I haven't worn dressy or business casual clothes in months but have to dress up next weekend so will be checking out my closet this week.

Valued Contributor

I love Christmas! It makes me happy. I could take small doses of Christmas every month. I used to need a sweater or jacket in the summer. Everywhere I went was so cold inside. Not anymore. I can wear a short sleeve T, even in the grocery store, and I am fine. Probably won't need to buy fall/winter clothes for years. I will though. 😊
Valued Contributor

ok I'll give you a complaint...I hate fall/winter and I enjoy every second of summer. The heat. The humidity. The sunshine. The flowers. The green grass. The last thing I want to think about is boots, cardigans or coats. I havent watched QVC in weeks and I will NOT be watching and fall preview shows. I am going to enjoy the last few weeks of my Louisiana summer.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

AGREE!!!  LOVE YOU SPURT! 

Finally, someone said what so many are thinking, thank you!

People will always justify what they want for themselves and complain about what they don't.  The CIJ haters and fall fashion lovers do exactly that.  Complain about CIJ and support fall fashion-it has nothing to do with the forthcoming weather, it has to do with their likes/dislikes for the products, period.  IMHO anyway. 

"I never changed, I just learned."