Honored Contributor

Okay Where Are The Comments-Fall Preview!

[ Edited ]

There's always numerous threads all across the Forum whenever its time for CIJ.....shouts of "its 90 degrees and who can even think of Christmas....whew!!!!" "can't we enjoy summer"!

I know everyone has their own preferences and likes and dislikes, but I find it amusing that a few decorations and decor pieces bug people, BUT at the same time there's no complaints and its okay to show capes, jackets, cardigans and layering when its 100 degrees out!!!....So why is it okay for fall/winter clothes but not for CIJ which allows many people to budget their purchases and/or assure that decor and gifts will be in stock and arrive in time for the holidays....Hmmmm....just wondering. 🤔 Thanks for allowing me to vent.... HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! 😃

(and even though this is a "fall" fashion event, all the hosts DO say, if you are in a warmer climate you can use this all winter)................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Okay Where Are The Comments-Fall Preview!

It has been so darn hot this summer over most of the country, I think people are enjoying the hope of some cooler weather with fall fashions.  I must say, though, so far for me it's been a total bust.  I haven't seen a single thing that even tempts me except for Thursday's TS on HSN 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

It has been so darn hot this summer over most of the country, I think people are enjoying the hope of some cooler weather with fall fashions.  I must say, though, so far for me it's been a total bust.  I haven't seen a single thing that even tempts me except for Thursday's TS on HSN 

@Kachina624 

You're probably right...For some, I guess it brings HOPE to see cooler weather clothes ....But normally, this time of year, when I'm more out and about and shopping, when I pass by the clothes and see all the sweaters, jackets, and long sleeves I JUST CRINGE because when I leave the store the heat/humidity outside is going to hit me! And I cant imagine wearing the fall stuff....I also wonder if it will EVER get cooler...but somehow it does....some years more than others...Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I hear ya, @Spurt. I may not have been posting about it, but I sure was thinking it.  😂

Not only is it too hot outside to be thinking about fall/winter clothes, but also the few items that caught my eye were well over $60.  When I'm shopping out of season, I'm looking for a bargain.  With prices like that, I can wait.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

And your right, even if I WAS shopping for fall/winter clothes haven't even seen anything that interested me...Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I hear ya, @Spurt. I may not have been posting about it, but I sure was thinking it.  😂

Not only is it too hot outside to be thinking about fall/winter clothes, but also the few items that caught my eye were well over $60.  When I'm shopping out of season, I'm looking for a bargain.  With prices like that, I can wait.

@wildcat fan 

You are SO RIGHT about the prices....😄 And the very few priced at $35....I have to chuckle at QVC's "sale price" and the WHOLE $4 savings.....😄  When Im ready to make some fall clothes purchases I'll check online and visit stores where the prices are actually REASONABLE...SMH!!!

Honored Contributor

When I lived in the NE year round, I was 99% finished buying summer clothes by now, and had switched to looking for darker colors and at least somewhat heavier fabrics. All the stores had their fall/winter selections front and center with pre-school prices, and I knew what I needed and what I wanted -  and even more imporytant, I knew I had more hours to shop in August than I'd have once I was back in the classroom.

If I still were living that life, I would have bought the TSV yesterday.  As it is, I can't remember the last time I put on any jacket.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

When I lived in the NE year round, I was 99% finished buying summer clothes by now, and had switched to looking for darker colors and at least somewhat heavier fabrics. All the stores had their fall/winter selections front and center with pre-school prices, and I knew what I needed and what I wanted -  and even more imporytant, I knew I had more hours to shop in August than I'd have once I was back in the classroom.

If I still were living that life, I would have bought the TSV yesterday.  As it is, I can't remember the last time I put on any jacket.

@millieshops 

The NE might be different, but even so they've had a bit of a heat wave recently and after a brief reprieve it might be coming back sooon, so if thats the case are you still in the mood to shop for fall clothes??????????

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt- It seems to me they started presenting warm weather clothing very early and starting talking about "pumpkin picking."

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, it does make one wonder.