Valued Contributor

Re: Ok, I can't take it anymore.

These ones. I hear professionals say this. Q hosts say it, news people say it. Yes I want to scream no!

Super Contributor

How about SHACKET-- Grates on me, made up word!!

Contributor

@frenchie I heard someone say that tonight. One of the men. I couldn’t believe it. But then, some people never learned their plurals in school.
I haven’t hear anyone refer to shoes or purses as “she” yet. Ridiculous, imo.
One complaint I have, if it can even be called a complaint, is how clique-ish this forum is. If you’re not one of the cool kids, they won’t upvote your comment or reply or acknowledge you in any way. It’s kind of funny that this still goes on today. I thought I left that silliness in high school, many decades ago. Guess not. (This isn’t about me; I’ve noticed others getting this “mean girl” treatment.) Like they’re off huddling in a corner while others are conversing and having a great time. Some people cling to that stuff. Fortunately, most don’t.
Respected Contributor

@DrumPounder wrote:
@frenchieI heard someone say that tonight. One of the men. I couldn’t believe it. But then, some people never learned their plurals in school.
One complaint I have, if it can even be called a complaint, is how clique-ish this forum is. If you’re not one of the cool kids, they won’t upvote your comment or reply or acknowledge you in any way. It’s kind of funny that this still goes on today. I thought I left that silliness in high school, many decades ago. Guess not. (This isn’t about me; I’ve noticed others getting this “mean girl” treatment.) Like they’re off huddling in a corner while others are conversing and having a great time. Some people cling to that stuff. Fortunately, most don’t.

I hate that one...cringe beyond cringe, when I hear it. They sound ridiculous ...who the heck started THAT?!  I can only imagine marketing depts trying to think of more ways to get you to "feeeeel" "connected" to a PRODUCT...ie. inanimate thing....as a SHE? What? No. Not me, peeps. Ain't working for me.

My Dooney is a pocketbook, tell me how it functions. My shoes are things to cover my feet with...hopefully cute, of quality and comfortable...TELL me about that, maybe, hosts? She...I can hear a few certain hosts who say it oh so seriously...they sound dopey. 

Trusted Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@DrumPounder wrote:
@frenchieI heard someone say that tonight. One of the men. I couldn’t believe it. But then, some people never learned their plurals in school.

I hate that one...cringe beyond cringe, when I hear it. They sound ridiculous ...who the heck started THAT?!  I can only imagine marketing depts trying to think of more ways to get you to "feeeeel" "connected" to a PRODUCT...ie. inanimate thing....as a SHE? What? No. Not me, peeps. Ain't working for me.

My Dooney is a pocketbook, tell me how it functions. My shoes are things to cover my feet with...hopefully cute, of quality and comfortable...TELL me about that, maybe, hosts? She...I can hear a few certain hosts who say it oh so seriously...they sound dopey. 

Isaac is the first one I heard refer to inanimate items as "she." 

Hosts then started copying it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with those who cringe when any product is referred to as "she".   There's a Youtuber that I really enjoy watching but that is one of her favorite ways to refer to products.  

The other evening I was watching her do a make-up organization and with each product she would say... she's a beautiful color palette or she's the perfect mascara. Then when she was going to discard something she would say...well she was has outlived her usefulness and now she has to go.  

I'm used to her way of speech but still it drives me crazy.  The only thing that should be given gender identification should be a living creature not an inanimate object.  

I also feel the same way when someone refers to their car as "she" or gives it a name. When we are getting ready to go out I say to my husband are we taking the car or the truck.  I don't need to name my car.  

Esteemed Contributor

Some people need to turn off the tv and get a life.

Honored Contributor

We go to the beach here in the west---

Super Contributor

Hosts shouldn't speak in slang...don't care where they're from.  If they are that untrained, how did they get a public speaking job?

Valued Contributor

@DrumPounder wrote:

I've seen that as well, very childish.

There was a recent thread about hosts, and I said I didn't care for one particular host (I've seen others saying the same), and someone commented that I 'could easily be found on the internet' if that host wanted to.

LOL!