Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

What difference does it make who's hosting?  You are either interested in buying something or not.

i don't understand people why people refuse to watch when certain hosts are on.  We don't have to like anyone, but it seems so silly to " cut off your nose to spite your face."

It sounds like some people watch for the entertainment value only or lack of entertainment.

I almost never watch QVC anymore..do not like 95% of the clothing- too much poly and spandex, peplum, tunic, and other repetitive programming. I do like watching jewelery shows but find Jane T way too loud, never stops talking and very self-featuring. Unwatchable!

Respected Contributor

Bobby 5  - couldn't agree more.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

What difference does it make who's hosting?  You are either interested in buying something or not.

i don't understand people why people refuse to watch when certain hosts are on.  We don't have to like anyone, but it seems so silly to " cut off your nose to spite your face."

It sounds like some people watch for the entertainment value only or lack of entertainment.

@Carmie 

Some of the antics of the hosts ARE annoying to viewers, if they act silly and are too busy with their inside jokes with the models, or talk about themselves instead of the merchandise----why watch something you don't enjoy.....Also the item will probably be shown on another show with a different host that is more to the viewers liking...OR....if someone really likes an item they can order it online and trust that the online info is sufficient (which in some cases the online measurements aren't always accurate, or there is little information to go on online)---limited online info and to see products demonstrated live is why we watch in the first place

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

I like Kerstin but I can't see her wearing QF clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

@CARMIE wrote:

. . .

Carmie, I'm not interested in buying clothing from QVC, period.

But I sometimes listen to part of a daytime show until I can change channels.

And there are garment vendors I want to listen to, like Louis, Kim Gravel, Bob Mackie, and a few others.

But I've noticed when either of two hosts who work primetime are on, I dive for the remote before they can get through the introductions and present the first item.

"All these people did was.....    brush..........their..........teeth.......  "

This habit of inserting longer than needed pauses, and draaaaawing out woooords make the host sounds like she's sneaking up on the end of the sentence.

They both have added so much unnatural affectation to their speech, I become too impatient to keep listening.

That's why it makes a difference who's hosting.

Respected Contributor

I turned it on very briefly.  KL had the oddest expression.  Too cool for school.  I don't care for her so I switched the channel. Angel should host alone.  She's great. Very sincere and just real. Down to earth.  Doesn't give the impression of better than everyone.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

There are several vendors that could also do a show without a host.