Valued Contributor

Re: Oh Good! Christmas in July starting in June ending in March!

[ Edited ]

I hope no one gets upset over my post but here goes.

I LOVE  Christmas in July and I NEED it, as others do too.  I have to budget my finances and QVC allows that and by the time Christmas arrives, I'm done paying for all the gifts. 

All year round people tolerate the non-Christmas shows, over and over again and never complain at all.  I've read comments by posters telling people to change the channels, turn off the tv etc but when people complain about the Christmas shows, no one says anything like that.  I'm glad no one does, I'm just pointing out the facts.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Contributor

So, I am in a hot spot state for Covid. I am stuck in the house and now I have to watch CHRISTMAS items? Really? It starts earlier and earlier each year. This is ridiculous. This year we srated in June and this will go on until January. I guess a lot of people are watching but my TV is off QVC until this is over. Anyone else?

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I absolutely detest "Christmas In July"; it's nothing but a marketing ploy while they get ready to start pushing autumn and winter merchandise in AUGUST!

Won't watch QVC and I won't buy from ANYONE doing "Christmas In July". The Q must think we're all really stupid; and judging by the amount of "stuff" they sell, who am I to say they're wrong?

Respected Contributor

Is QVC extending their return policy as of the start of Christmas in June...I mean July? I didn’t watch and I haven’t heard the hosts stating it, so I’m not aware if it stands this year. Also, is it all items purchased throughout the start of CIJ or just featured Christmas items? Has anyone seen this return policy posted on the website? How do they work that? I have not seen  much of free shipping throughout the pandemic, other than food. 

Super Contributor

I have so much Christmas decor now that I don't order anything. That said, Christmas in July is just a retail promotion in this country. It orginated in Australia where July is a winter month, which makes more sense.

Frequent Contributor

It used to be the 25th of the month. Now, it seems to be once a week. I hate when it prempts a show I like such as A.M Style. It has been 90 degrees in the northeast where I live. The last thing I want to see is a Christmas tree TSV. To those who like the shows, enjoy. I changed the channel. 

Contributor

24/7 no less!

Regular Contributor

@cazenovia wrote:

So, I am in a hot spot state for Covid. I am stuck in the house and now I have to watch CHRISTMAS items? Really? It starts earlier and earlier each year. This is ridiculous. This year we srated in June and this will go on until January. I guess a lot of people are watching but my TV is off QVC until this is over. Anyone else?

Nope. You don't have to watch anything you don't want to watch.  Bless your heart. 

Respected Contributor

Count me as one who does NOT like the unending CIJ programming. It starts last day of June and seems to be constant till Christmas.  And good grief, how many of those Christmas decor knicknacks does one need?   And lest anyone say "don't watch", I know and I don't!    I do watch the Q though and like certain shows but the 24/7 Christmas decor I do not.