Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oh Good! Christmas in July starting in June ending in March!

@hellodali wrote:

I do have to say I am disappointed in QVC for pushing the Temptations line over and over and over when they also carry Fiesta, an American made line of tableware. 

If they really wanted to sell American, they have an enormous chance to do so.  Fiesta has some beautiful Christmas dishes and the prices are quite reasonable.  I wish QVC would do a show and feature them.

I agree.  I'd much prefer to buy Fiesta than Temptations.

Honored Contributor

I always like the diversion.  If I didn't, I certainly know my options.

Respected Contributor

I love decorating for the holidays but at my age (senior) I  am using what I have. I watched a few segments yesterday and saw a few items I was tempted to order but I didn't buy a thing.  Liked the TSV ornaments, but really only wanted 1 not 4.  Same with the cute little red truck that came in a set of three.  I wanted 1, so why am I buying and paying for 3.  Like the nostalgic stuff but my grandkids would rather have what is current like a Disney figure for an ornament.  Even my adult children would not appreciate what is nostalgic to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't watch a second of it.  I don't care where it's made or how much it costs, I'm not interested.

Based on having seen it in the past, it looked like merchandise that could be purchased just about anywhere for less money.

I like unique things paired with greens, candles and lights.  I doubt I would find anything in the Q inventory I would want for free.

Forgot to mention, I especially don't want it in the summer, or anytime before November.

Respected Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

I do have to say I am disappointed in QVC for pushing the Temptations line over and over and over when they also carry Fiesta, an American made line of tableware. 

If they really wanted to sell American, they have an enormous chance to do so.  Fiesta has some beautiful Christmas dishes and the prices are quite reasonable.  I wish QVC would do a show and feature them.

QVC will always push an in-house item more over a national brand because their profit margin is larger.

Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@hellodali   Totally agree.  Fiesta is so far superior to Temptations that they don't even compare.  I don't even find Temptations attractive, the Old World pattern looks like it was designed by an elementary school child.  The horror stories we hear about its failures ought to dissuade anyone from buying it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I absolutely love Christmas.  My family even calls me "Aunt Holly."  But for the life of me, I cannot get into Christmas in July!  To me, the season starts the weekend after Thanksgiving and lasts till Epiphany.  That's a wonderful six weeks of decoration and celebration.  For those of you who love CIJ, however, please enjoy!!  I do understand the  desire to get your shopping and preparations started, especially this difficult year.

Super Contributor

Yeah, that was puzzling to me too.   Christmas in July , near the end of July, is one thing.  It's a stretch but I am okay with it.   But starting Christ,as in July in June?   Really?   That's a bit much! 

Respected Contributor

@Memebell wrote:

Yeah, that was puzzling to me too.   Christmas in July , near the end of July, is one thing.  It's a stretch but I am okay with it.   But starting Christ,as in July in June?   Really?   That's a bit much! 

Many of us are "addicts" and watch the Christmas shows religiously.  June and July are traditionally "slow" months for retailers so QVC is very happy to have extra eyes on their channels.....  watching and buying !

QVC Customer Care