Contributor

Oh Good! Christmas in July starting in June ending in March!

Ridiculous!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Oh Good! Christmas in July starting in June ending in March!

and with all kinds of chinese junk to boot.

QVC should list the country of origin and manufacture.

Respected Contributor

IT’S OVERKILL!  I’M OVER THIS.

Honored Contributor

@hollys mom 20   Rest assured, everyone knows where the stuff is manufactured.  The women snapping it up are probably the same as those who make a fuss about Chinese-made tee shirts.  Their. incense seems to depend on how badly they want something.  Apparently cheap Chinese-made decorative items are highly desirable.  Go figure.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

@hollys mom 20   Rest assured, everyone knows where the stuff is manufactured.  The women snapping it up are probably the same as those who make a fuss about Chinese-made tee shirts.  Their. incense seems to depend on how badly they want something.  Apparently cheap Chinese-made decorative items are highly desirable.  Go figure.

@Kachina624 

Lol.  I'm guilty, I confess; although, not so much about t-shirts.

I'm sure you know about what I'm about to say, but for those who don't here are my thoughts.  

Not everything I purchased was cheap.  For example, the sleigh and two horses at $250 were sloppily made.  The poor quality appeared to be rather prevalent since quite a few reviewers complained about the same issues.  Others said theirs were perfect.  How can that be explained?  

I think it's because Chinese manufacturers are using some employees who are not conscientious about the work they produce or just not suited for the job. 

I also suspect their employees are paid low wages and hurried to produce as much as possible in a short amount of time.  Without complaints from QVC, manufacturers continue to include poorly made products in the order.  QVC spot checks, but can't look in thousands of boxes.

QVC may also buy some of their products from distributors and have no direct control over manufacturers.

For QVC's own lines, hosts have said they work directly with manufacturers.  

Valerie's red truck, priced on special at $41 is a good buy compared to other retailers selling the same truck.  The one I received last year is very well made, but some complained about unattached steering wheels, poorly applied bumpers, and dents. 

A rather large $39 reindeer purchased last year is very high quality and very realistic...so surprised for that price.  Other buyers were, as well.  The only complaint was a few received theirs broken.  

Good manufacturers check every finished product before it goes out the door. Those that don't meet quality control standards are rejected.  It's clear to me many Chinese manufacturers don't have this final step in place.  

Quality control from China has often been hit or miss for me, regardless of price.  Maybe, that's why customers continue to buy...expecting to get a hit the next time.  They stop buying when the misses become too numerous. 

I think buyers come here to complain hoping QVC will do something about it not knowing others complained about the same issues before them to no avail.  

Respected Contributor

@April wrote:

Ridiculous!

I loved every minute of it. Was an enjoyable day for me. I have many stations on my tv, but was happy I could watch this one. Things sold out alot, so there were others watching with me. Valerie can have a show every month of the year ,and I'll be there.

Trusted Contributor

For the record it started in June last year and was on more often in July.  I loved every minute of it last year and I am loving every minute of it this year.  When they have programming on I don't like, I just either change the channel or turn off the tv entirely.  

I for one am going to watch as much of the Christmas programming as I can because I love Christmas, the decorations, the music and of course the reason for the season.  

LOVING IT!

Respected Contributor

I do have to say I am disappointed in QVC for pushing the Temptations line over and over and over when they also carry Fiesta, an American made line of tableware. 

If they really wanted to sell American, they have an enormous chance to do so.  Fiesta has some beautiful Christmas dishes and the prices are quite reasonable.  I wish QVC would do a show and feature them.

Valued Contributor

U G H  !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

If items are selling and the customers like the concept we are going to see it for a while.  It would be interesting to see the sale segment figures.