Super Contributor

Of course Delivery complaints

I have been buying from QVC now for over 20 yrs at least weekly , the deliveries take longer and longer.. I usually get my deliveries within days I could order Denim &Co on a Tuesday and have it Friday, well I know those days are gone but to order something and see a 12-day delivery and watch it sit in processing for almost a week is very discouraging .. earlier to run 15 mins to the mall.. What is the problem? Do they need more warehouse help someplace, I also noticed things now coming from California .. I just don't get it ..I placed an order on the 26th and they are saying the 9th for delivery ..2 wks .. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Of course Delivery complaints

A couple of thoughts.

Anything shipped directly from the vendor takes longer.

Q lost a warehouse in a fire a few months ago.

Keeping good staff is tough when a corporation doesn't pay living wages.

Shipping and returns were slow for a long time before covid. Q used to post "bear with us" type messages so often (and nothing every improved) so it was like the boy who cried wolf.

Q's focus is on sales, not shipping and returns. 

Honored Contributor

QVC doesn't sell life sustaining items.

I can wait for yet another clothing item I really don't need!   LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, customers are definitely seeing the problems.  

You can most likely blame Newgistics for your delivery delays.  They have been picking up orders at QVC warehouses and delivering them the last miles to your post office.  One of the worst.  

Also blame USPS who hired them to do that.  

To avoid Newgistics, sign up for UPS My Choice Plus for $19 a year.  UPS will deliver directly to your house for all packages over 2 lbs.  

As far as long processing times, nothing new. It's pretty much hit or miss.   It's very possible your order is not in stock yet.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Yes, customers are definitely seeing the problems.  

You can most likely blame Newgistics for your delivery delays.  They have been picking up orders at QVC warehouses and delivering them the last miles to your post office.  One of the worst.  

Also blame USPS who hired them to do that.  

To avoid Newgistics, sign up for UPS My Choice Plus for $19 a year.  UPS will deliver directly to your house for all packages over 2 lbs.  

As far as long processing times, nothing new. It's pretty much hit or miss.   It's very possible your order is not in stock yet.

I worked for the post office a few years after retiring. The seller chooses the shipping method. Q chooses the slowest and cheapest mail method, which is Newgistics. The fault lies strictly with Q for choosing a lousy shipping option.

I also paid the $19 to UPS but that doesn't help with Newgistics since it's not related to USPS.

Respected Contributor

It is getting worse. I ordered a top on 6/19, it shipped on 6/24 and I should have it tomorrow on 7/1. I used to get things in around 5 days.

I expect QVC to be slow, but when I order from Amazon I will have the item in less than 24 hours.

That difference has influenced me to buy from Amazon instead when I don’t want to wait.
Respected Contributor

I just had a thought. Maybe QVC should outsource their shipping to Amazon. Lol.
Honored Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:
I just had a thought. Maybe QVC should outsource their shipping to Amazon. Lol.

@cosmic1 

I think I did read here that someone said a customer service rep told her that Q has outsourced some of their warehouse storage and shipping to a third party due to their warehouse fire.  I have to wonder (if this is true) if that may be why there are so many shipping and return problems now.  More than usual, that is.

Regular Contributor

I am not sure what is happening with QVC shipping and handling but it is definitely a reason to think twice before buying. I ordered three items from the JAI show on 6/24. The extimated delivery date was 7/1. They are still in processing...this is totally unacceptable. I orderded another item from Barefoot dreams on 6/27. It has shipped and I should receive it on 7/2.  You do the math...Is it the vendor or QVC. Aside from the quality of some of their products, this is exactly why I have curtailed my shopping from this outlet. Let the buyer beware!

Respected Contributor

Instead of worrying about making TSV , one day only , maybe they should be looking to get the product out of the warehouse not processing for 5 or more days. , i never have a problem with relatively fast shipping unless it is sent straight postal service , it is usually QVC 's fault letting it sit in warehouse , this has been a problem way before the pandemic.