Trusted Contributor

I advance ordered the Northern Nights down blanket TSV of Sept. 20.  It just got shipped and I am tracking it through UPS until it is handed off to USPS for local delivery to my door. Look at this tracking info:

Shipment Progress

LOCATION DATE LOCAL TIME ACTIVITY
March Air Reserve Base, CA, United States 09/08/2017 1:38 A.M. Departure Scan
March Air Reserve Base, CA, United States 09/07/2017 4:27 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 09/07/2017 1:21 P.M. (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Kind of weird seeing it left "March Air Reserve Base" in California? I researched and it really is a military facility.  No connection with UPS distribution, unless it's just a place where UPS parks their planes or rents sorting space?? No particular difference to me whether the package  is handled by a guy in brown, or someone in Air Force blue, but I'd love to know how my new blanket got started to me on a military runway, seemingly unaffiliated with QVC or UPS.

The EDD is several days away, so until there's another tracking entry, it's up in the air, so to speak.

Esteemed Contributor

Google it.

Business news has UPS leasing wharehouse space as well as space for their planes.

In this era of base closings, it's nice to see the gov't making a business decision that benefits all. 

Honored Contributor

Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque shares space and runways with the municipal airport.  They may have a similar arrangement.  My down blanket shipped but took a different route. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment