Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful, @proudlyfromNJ .  I am glad that we still have a voice about this.  Thank you for responding.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs  You might want to check your school's curriculum.

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

With all the new "curriculum" being allowed in the schools today, I doubt they get to English, spelling and grammar.  They have already left cursive by the wayside.

@tends2dogs I assure you we still have time for English, mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and a host of electives to meet our student's needs and interests.

It always baffles me how people who don't know how to code, create an app, program a drone, or even program their oen cable box can deride the education of those who do. I assure you, someone in my generation or older will need my students before they ever need anyone to read a cursive manuscript.

@Love to Run  I guess I failed to make my point clear, but didn't want to get this poofed.  I meant that I wondered if there was time left for teaching the important life skills rather than trying to "deprogram" a child's "identity".  That is the only way I know how to say it without getting this thread taken down.  I feel for teachers today with all the added on agendas that are being forced on them.  Just teach life skills, not lifestyle.  That is what I meant.

@tends2dogs I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know of any schools, other than religious, that teach "lifestyles".

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3 

We Italians are all crazy. lol

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3 

Please know, all In Fun.

You crazy Italian, you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Nr-FoA9Ps

New Contributor
Not to mention
Amy Stran’s “le-pert” (leopard)
Vanessa’s “lie-chee” (Lychee)
And just about everyone’s “cone—ee—yak” (Cognac)

Please QVC just call the colors animal, pink and brown.

Yikes
Esteemed Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@Patriot3 

We Italians are all crazy. lol

@Malcontent  Yeah, but we have a lot of fun!! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3 

Mambo Italiano!

(mambos around the room)

Esteemed Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

With all the new "curriculum" being allowed in the schools today, I doubt they get to English, spelling and grammar.  They have already left cursive by the wayside.

@tends2dogs I assure you we still have time for English, mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and a host of electives to meet our student's needs and interests.

It always baffles me how people who don't know how to code, create an app, program a drone, or even program their oen cable box can deride the education of those who do. I assure you, someone in my generation or older will need my students before they ever need anyone to read a cursive manuscript.

@Love to Run  I guess I failed to make my point clear, but didn't want to get this poofed.  I meant that I wondered if there was time left for teaching the important life skills rather than trying to "deprogram" a child's "identity".  That is the only way I know how to say it without getting this thread taken down.  I feel for teachers today with all the added on agendas that are being forced on them.  Just teach life skills, not lifestyle.  That is what I meant.

@tends2dogs I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know of any schools, other than religious, that teach "lifestyles".

All right, I'll try to explain one more time without getting this poofed.  Maybe lifestyle is the wrong wording.  A family member had their young granddaughter come home from school and announce that the teacher said she could be a boy or a girl. The parents tried to push back, but were told that is the agenda.  The child was in first grade.  They pulled her out and are home schooling her.  Our daughter in law is a second grade teacher and she has a boy in her class that she has been told she must refer to him as we/they.  This is what I meant by teaching agendas that have nothing to do with the basics.  @Love to Run What you mentioned being taught in your school system sounds wonderful.  This other stuff I mentioned, not so wonderful.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs OMG.  That's awful.  I do not like this at all.