Valued Contributor

Nobody mispronounces the basic English language as much as AS. It reminds me of a child. 
If it's a speech problem, please get the help. You're on national television, these people aren't just talking to their family & friends. 

Trusted Contributor

@iTalia 

I was born in Attimis Italia and I mispronounce English words especially when I’m on a rant. That’s why I now cuss at my husband only in Italian.  A lot.

Super Contributor
@Patriot3 and @depglass, you are echoing my sentiments! My education may be old, but it was a good one. Anytime I see or hear English being used correctly, I am pathetically grateful. “Between he and I,” for instance, makes me want to scream, honestly.
Super Contributor
pretty soon people will be using only emojis and "netspeak" to communicate......

Then thank goodness we have 🤮 in our arsenal.
Esteemed Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@iTalia 

I was born in Attimis Italia and I mispronounce English words especially when I’m on a rant. That’s why I now cuss at my husband only in Italian.  A lot.

@Malcontent   But.......you can be forgiven.  I come from a huge family of Italian immigrants and I know exactly what you mean!!

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

With all the new "curriculum" being allowed in the schools today, I doubt they get to English, spelling and grammar.  They have already left cursive by the wayside.

@tends2dogs I assure you we still have time for English, mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and a host of electives to meet our student's needs and interests.

It always baffles me how people who don't know how to code, create an app, program a drone, or even program their oen cable box can deride the education of those who do. I assure you, someone in my generation or older will need my students before they ever need anyone to read a cursive manuscript.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Esteemed Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

With all the new "curriculum" being allowed in the schools today, I doubt they get to English, spelling and grammar.  They have already left cursive by the wayside.

@tends2dogs I assure you we still have time for English, mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and a host of electives to meet our student's needs and interests.

It always baffles me how people who don't know how to code, create an app, program a drone, or even program their oen cable box can deride the education of those who do. I assure you, someone in my generation or older will need my students before they ever need anyone to read a cursive manuscript.

@Love to Run  I guess I failed to make my point clear, but didn't want to get this poofed.  I meant that I wondered if there was time left for teaching the important life skills rather than trying to "deprogram" a child's "identity".  That is the only way I know how to say it without getting this thread taken down.  I feel for teachers today with all the added on agendas that are being forced on them.  Just teach life skills, not lifestyle.  That is what I meant.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs  You do know that not all schools teach what you are suggesting. Ours certainly do not.

Esteemed Contributor

If that is the truth, @proudlyfromNJ , I am very thankful.  I appreciate the heads up.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

If that is the truth, @proudlyfromNJ , I am very thankful.  I appreciate the heads up.  

@tends2dogs  According to the school curriculum it's the truth and none of the parents would tolerate it. My town is small.