Honored Contributor

Re: Obviously, Just my opinion, but QVC is inconsiderate!

@comedy clubber wrote:

When 100,00 people in an urban area, not a big city, apply  for unemployment benefits over a three day period, that amounts to 60-70% of the areas workers.  QVC has delayed other TSVs in the past, so it is not impossible.  Do not ask me when this has happened, I truly do not glue myself to the events of something as petty as QVC.  By the way, just last night, a friend and I were discussing (on the phone) the annoyance of people who are ALWAYS right and ALWAYS put others down and make them and their opinions seems stupid and irrelevant.  Neither one of us want those people in our lives.  So maybe it is just time to step away and no longer excite the conscience of the bloggers.  I have many other tasks to complete in a much more positive light.  I always thought as an American that I had a right to express my opinion.  Boy was I wrong here!

No one put you down.  If you're going to post a statistic, you need to back it up with facts. People may not agree with you.  None of this equates to bashing you or trying to make you feel stupid.   

I'm sorry your area has been hit so hard.  It has to be tough and I feel for you.  Take care of yourself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just dont understand why some people think QVC is "inconsiderate"....Maybe the channels that are running comedy shows are being inconsiderate...afterall we are in a pandemic and people are dying... Is binge watching a Streaming or TV series being inconsiderate during these dire times????  Perhaps some people would be "happy" and comfortable if all people did was to sit and watch the virus updates 24/7 and wring their hands....????? Exactly what purpose would that serve.....  Im happy QVC is on, respecting proper distancing and going with a limited staff, but still saving jobs!!!---nothing wrong with that!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

It's not like these shows are planned a day ahead, it takes sometimes many months. 

Even in the worst times people spend money, it's their money they can spend as they please.

Do what you will with YOUR money. Spend, save, scrimp, donate....your choice.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

funandsun;  Smiley Very HappyMan Very HappyCat LOL!

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

70% if the population is NOT out of work.

It's nowhere near that high.

That would mean that for every 10 people, seven are unemployed.

The o/p is confused.

@Anonymous032819 Don't come back and correct someone's post without giving the actual facts. 

Anyone following reliable news sources knows unemployment isn't anywhere near 70%, or even 20% yet.  It may get to 20% which is truly sad as a lot of this could have been prevented if action had been tken when first warned about the pandemic.  Some cities may have a higher or lower percentage out of work.  But it doesn't change today's facts.

Super Contributor

The programs are planned months ahead of time and vendors have signed contracts, but I wouldn't be surprised if sales for higher-priced items aren't very good.