Esteemed Contributor

Re: Obviously, Just my opinion, but QVC is inconsiderate!

70% if the population is NOT out of work.

It's nowhere near that high.

That would mean that for every 10 people, seven are unemployed.

The o/p is confused.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@comedy clubber  Totally understand.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I remember this same thing happened in 2008 where people were complaining that the shopping channels were showing expensive items and they shouldn't be.  That was crazy then and is now.  People should know if they can afford something that is being shown.  Not everyone is in the same boat with finances.  Like someone said the tsv pretty much sold out.  I myself like the diversion from reality. 

Respected Contributor

Newsflash:  Not everyone is like you.    Some of us are still working and have faith that the market will come back.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

If I didn't have "extra" spending money  -  I wouldn't be watching QVC or any other shopping channel.

What's the point of making yourself miserable looking at stuff you can't afford.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will  admit that I have been reading about the Great Depression and it has given me more respect for my dollar!  A positive thing I read that surprised me is...... people's health did not go down during the Depression and actually improved. (A little off topic, I know, but I thought some good news would be welcome) 

We all have choices to make.  They have plenty of less expensive items one can choose from and often run sales on them.  I personally don't find them inconsiderate on this.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP, you have a right to your own opinion. You do not have a right to your own facts. 

60-70% of people are not out of work. That many people may not be reporting to their work location, but they are not all losing pay or benefits. Applying for  unemployment benefits is not the same as actually receiving those benefits. You are cherry picking stats you think validate your opinion. It's still only an opinion. 

Doubling down expressing your feeling that QVC is "inconsiderate" to present expensive items as TSV should not have to include stating your "rights".  People had a difference of opinion and didn't agree with yours.

No one challenged your right to say what you feel. You were challenged to "prove your point" by supplying sources for facts you offered.  Sources from a valid statistical agency. Wherever you found your quotable numbers, you need to supply that source, not cite numbers you can't prove or refer to prove validity. 

Respected Contributor

In selling that braclet QVC kept people employed & that's not inconsiderate, that's what a business is suppose to do. Channel your concern for others into something useful...volunteer, donate blood, etc. I lost my job at a small business yesterday, the owners made the decision not to reopen after the shutdown...I'll find another job when this mess ends & in the meantime I don't begrudge anyone buying what I can't afford. Enjoy that bracelet & be well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There will rarely be a TSV that everyone on the face of the earth both wants and can afford to buy. Moreover, one might well assume this TSV was scheduled well in advance, stock was ordered and due to available stock issues related to any potential substitute TSV item, it probably isn't as easy to just switch out TSV's as one might think. Of all the reasons to be concerned right now, QVC's choice of TSV is not, for me, one of them. Moving on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I notice on TV every other commercial is for buying a new car... Seems like it would be a waste of money to try to  sell new cars to people out of work.... must be some kind of psychological reason for it.