Valued Contributor

Re: Obviously, Just my opinion, but QVC is inconsiderate!

@comedy clubber the issue is you don't have fact or data to support your claim, and now, when someone asks you for that information source, 'we're' the bad guy. Interesting...

stay well

Honored Contributor

Most stores, now online only, are offering many expensive items at a reduced price. It's due to the economy, not unemployment. The retail stores are trying to stay afloat. Restaurants are offering curbside delivery at reduced prices, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

It’s not just unemployment.  People with 401k plans are watching their $ go down the drain.  Those of us who are able to maintain our lifestyles are much more conscious about what we buy and why.  I don’t need anymore jewelry, trust me, but I know how desperate people are.  Better to give than to get!  I am sure QVC will be feeling the pain, if they don’t already.  I agree that a smart retailer would find a way to quickly adapt!  

Valued Contributor

Sometimes we all have to just let it out.  I understand the original message.  Ladies we need to vent and yet understand.  This is a time when values need to be respected wheither we have or have not.  I'm not enjoying QVC's tactics and they are not enjoying my business.  I understand they had to preset their programing but hosts I use to enjoy are really caught up in this.  MB, AS, L, VPH are a few reliable I use to respect.  I have to tune them out.  If they feel ok continuing that way, it is their call.  Let's show respect to each other and it might soften our venting. 

Valued Contributor

It's not just jewelry, most of the items on the Q aren't necessities. Not to mention overpriced. Basically, they're just entertainment at this point.
Honored Contributor

QVC schedule is at least several months (maybe more) ahead of time.  They must have arranged and scheduled this quite a while ago.  If you see something that is not quite appropriate for the times, etc.  This was planned before.  At least it's not $2,000.00.  

Honored Contributor

Personally, I don't understand why anyone who is out of work or worried about their financial future would be watching any shopping channel, but that's just me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Personally, I don't understand why anyone who is out of work or worried about their financial future would be watching any shopping channel, but that's just me.

I have read that some people use the shopping channels as background noise.  The bottom line is if people cannot afford these items and sales go down it will hurt Q's bottom line.  I stopped watching Q a long time ago when I discovered other channels had better prices.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

QVC schedule is at least several months (maybe more) ahead of time.  They must have arranged and scheduled this quite a while ago.  If you see something that is not quite appropriate for the times, etc.  This was planned before.  At least it's not $2,000.00.  

I do believe things can be changed.  Vendors were scheduled to be there too but that changed.

Trusted Contributor

Apparently a lot of people were buying because it nearly sold out yesterday.  I didn't buy it - not my taste - but I bought other JAI.  I commiserate with those people who are out of work but each person's circumstances are different.