Valued Contributor

Re: Obviously, Just my opinion, but QVC is inconsiderate!

@manny2 

The United States Department of Labor, US Bureau of Labor Statistics is a reliable source for unemployment rates. Yes, the month of March will show an increase, as those numbers have not been released because the month March isn't over yet. Yes, it's going to be ugly and hurt a lot of people, friends and family alike. What isn't accepetable is sharing information as if it was fact, which causes people to have anxiety and is routinely called fear-mongering. People react to information, true and untrue info, and as smart, educated people that we are, we need to fact check before sharing data.

Honored Contributor

According to an article in USA Today (or US News), as of March 20th, the unemployment rate was 33%.

Yes very high but certainly a lot lower than the 70% thrown out there by the OP.

Honored Contributor

There are millions of people who do have $200 to spend on a piece of jewelry.  If you don't, then pass on by or better yet, turn off the shopping channel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Whatever your thoughts on this issue may be, my annoyance with the OP (beyond the misrepresentation of facts) is that she has clearly stated twice in this thread that the thing she is posting about has no effect on her at all. So why post about it? This is just another attempt to stir up controversy from someone whose comments on the boards are critical or negative about 90% of the time. We just don't need more of that right now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

Whatever your thoughts on this issue may be, my annoyance with the OP (beyond the misrepresentation of facts) is that she has clearly stated twice in this thread that the thing she is posting about has no effect on her at all. So why post about it? This is just another attempt to stir up controversy from someone whose comments on the boards are critical or negative about 90% of the time. We just don't need more of that right now.

@loriqvc 

👍 👍 👍

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

Gotta agree.

Esteemed Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

@manny2 

The United States Department of Labor, US Bureau of Labor Statistics is a reliable source for unemployment rates. Yes, the month of March will show an increase, as those numbers have not been released because the month March isn't over yet. Yes, it's going to be ugly and hurt a lot of people, friends and family alike. What isn't accepetable is sharing information as if it was fact, which causes people to have anxiety and is routinely called fear-mongering. People react to information, true and untrue info, and as smart, educated people that we are, we need to fact check before sharing data.

@MandyG06 I agree with you, being factual is important, however this is a discussion board, and I would hope posters would fact check any issue that is of great importance rather then relying on a discussion forum.

If anyone has the actual numbers, and facts I would expect them to just post, and leave it at that.There is no reason to bully on this board.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

According to an article in USA Today (or US News), as of March 20th, the unemployment rate was 33%.

Yes very high but certainly a lot lower than the 70% thrown out there by the OP.

USA Today has no idea what the unemployment rate for March is.  March is not yet over, and the rate is determined by a complicated formula by the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the US Department of Labor.  The March rate won't be released until sometime in April.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@loriqvc:  Amen!!! 

Valued Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

Why in the name of G od did QVC think it was a good idea to show a $200.00 special value when 70% of our nation is currently out of work??????  If they are committed to the Jai jewelry line, they could/should have postponed the TSV until we are back to work.  I personally do not care for the line, but I know many like it, so why not just move it forward and not have had it now???  In my opinion, it once again, shows that they are unaware of the world around them and could not care less about their supposed  customers.

@comedy clubber Life goes on.  If you're not interested don't watch, don't buy.  It's just that simple.  Obviously you cannot satisfy everyone.