Honored Contributor

Re: Obviously, Just my opinion, but QVC is inconsiderate!

[ Edited ]

@comedy clubber 

Why are you picking on JAI.....you didnt see the Vitamix for $369 PLUS Tax....or the Vacuum for $299....If a person was in desperate financial need  I dont think they'd even be watching a Shopping 
Channel 🙄  There are others that CAN afford to buy things and want to shop and it helps the economy and keeps some people employed too!!!!  And whats YOUR alternative seeing QVC layed people off???????????????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Don't see an issue and don't think QVC was being inconsiderate nor offensive.  The TSV was offered, it was up to the individual whether to buy or not.  If someone really wanted that bracelet and had the means to pay for it...why not??  Their decision....

I don't care for silver jewelry...only wear yellow gold. And have not really bought any jewelry for several years.  Didn't watch the show as I had no interest...

Contributor

just wait for the next TSV sale sweetie. It will return or show up on LUnch Time Special with a much better deal. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t think it’s inconsiderate. Car dealers still sell cars. Expensive items can still be purchased online from many many companies. I see nothing wrong with it.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased the bracelet and ring for my upcoming BDay.  Part of the issue we are having in the country right now is people spreading inaccurate information.  70% of the country is not out of work.  Many people are working from home and companies are making it possible for employees to have "emergency pto" leave to care for their children and families.  

There is a predicition that unemployement could hit roughly 20%, which is a horrible thing to imagine.  

We need to get facts from reliable sources and understand that the goverment is working on signing a stimulus bill that will assist people and in my state unemployement wait times are being eliminated.  Normally you have to wait a week, which can translate into no salary.

Please check your facts people before posting.  Thank you.  

Esteemed Contributor

The definition of inconsiderate is:

ADJECTIVE
  1. thoughtlessly causing hurt or inconvenience to others.

QVC isn't doing any of things.  If you can afford an item and want it, then you buy it and even if youbb can't afford it and want it, you will still buy it.  Even before the pandemic, QVC was selling expensive things and people were buying things they really couldn't afford.

There was rant on QVC's FB page from someone who believed QVC should only sell essential items and nothing else.

It is up to the individual to decide what they can and cannot afford.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have all been given a time out. We have slowed down and are appreciating the small things. All of us have been conditioned to buy more things rather than value what we already have. QVC also employs skilled salespeople who are constantly being told through their earpiece what to say to gain more sales. How many hours of my life have I spent watching QVC and feeling the decision making anxiiety as to whether or not to order? I have too much stuff that I don't need. Rethinking my life, living each day as it comes and not taking anything for granted.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

They just said on the news that unemployment is at it's highest since the great recession and higher than during the recent catastrophic hurricanes.  A lot of people are out of work.   You can watch and not buy though.

Regular Contributor

I bought one.  *BOOM

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

There are always and have been other expensive (to me) items shown as well. It's up to the individual to only purchase what they could afford. 

You are missing the point here! She is commenting on a country in a dire situation, both medical, and financial.