Honored Contributor

Re: ONeed To Respond, Just my opinion

@Gram W wrote:

Carolyn and a few others do a very good job at showing us the products and giving us needed information when the vendors allow.  Some designers take over the show immediately, while apologizing and stating they know we are waiting.  I enjoy Carolyn especially on the clothing shows.  She is the closest person QVC has that represents the size of the average women in the US.  If something looks good on her from every angle it will probably look nice on me.  If it is tight in a given area on her, probably the same for me.  If it appears tight and I am willing to take a chance I will go up a size.  Size is only a number and no one but me knows it unless I chose to tell it.  I often wish she would remove jackets that cover the item being sold.  It would be nicer yet if QVC would hire models of Carolyn's proportions and petite models who wore a lg.  I have read requests for "average" petite size models who do not wear an XL so that they can relate.   For the volumn of clothing items that QVC tells us they sell having petite, average and tall sizes should not be a problem for an organization that large that has on air programs all over the world.

@Gram W

I can't say I agree with this.  Just this morning on Leah's show, they had a five-foot model with a voluptuous figure standing next to a five-foot ten skinny model.  I have noticed more and more very average looking models of various sizes and ages in the past months. 

They use these models mostly for D&Co and Quacker Factory.  I don't watch those shows often, but I have noticed this.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree.  If it was the petite lady with the long black hair I saw her as well.  She said she was wearing a petite.  I did not hear her size.  At 5' she is the shortest model they have as far as I know.  My short friends will be glad to see her.  I am 5' 3" so if they only have 1 length top and I see it on her it will be very helpful.  Meredith and Rachel are 5' 2-3.  Meredith wears a XXS.  It is very helpful when we are shown the height, size and if the model has on her regular size. It does seem this past month that someone might have been reading forums,etc since sales dropped so much.  I have even noticed a change lately in some presentations when hosts are working alone and are able to control doing their job.  There was a new model, Tony, that was about 5' 6" and a medium with salt and pepper hair.  I really found her modeling to be very helpful but I have not seen her in a while.   She is on a small clip the Q shows occasionally.  I hope she is still there.  It would be nice if they could use more sizes on all fashion shows.  The Q pushes other designs more.

Respected Contributor

Carolyn Gracie is charming and so well spoken with a lovely speaking voice.

Esteemed Contributor

ITA about Carolyn.  NO made up words, no silly phrases like "my stars and garters".  SHe does not wear dresses from Newman'/ that cost hundreds while trying to sell us a $50.00 D&C sweater.  SHe never tries too hard and is always pleasant and polite to the vendors, models and customers.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

ITA about Carolyn.  NO made up words, no silly phrases like "my stars and garters".  SHe does not wear dresses from Newman'/ that cost hundreds while trying to sell us a $50.00 D&C sweater.  SHe never tries too hard and is always pleasant and polite to the vendors, models and customers.

She may not make up words, but she overuses the baby form of words-- she adds an "ie" or "y" too often. I don't like baby talk, unless it comes from babies. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

@LilacTree.  If it was the petite lady with the long black hair I saw her as well.  She said she was wearing a petite.  I did not hear her size.  At 5' she is the shortest model they have as far as I know.  My short friends will be glad to see her.  I am 5' 3" so if they only have 1 length top and I see it on her it will be very helpful.  Meredith and Rachel are 5' 2-3.  Meredith wears a XXS.  It is very helpful when we are shown the height, size and if the model has on her regular size. It does seem this past month that someone might have been reading forums,etc since sales dropped so much.  I have even noticed a change lately in some presentations when hosts are working alone and are able to control doing their job.  There was a new model, Tony, that was about 5' 6" and a medium with salt and pepper hair.  I really found her modeling to be very helpful but I have not seen her in a while.   She is on a small clip the Q shows occasionally.  I hope she is still there.  It would be nice if they could use more sizes on all fashion shows.  The Q pushes other designs more.

@Gram W

I saw her just two days ago.  She is adorable.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Amen to that! She goes over the features and details of an item without getting into an emotional twist.
I respect that she lets the item sell itself more than I feel like it's being pushed at me, regardless of whether its right for me or not. And I agree, she's easy to listen to.
Esteemed Contributor

I like that Carolyn doesn't begin hyperventilating over how low the prices are. Both Gary and her will comment on the price but w/o all the gasping and marveling at the low prices.

It's really a turn off when hosts PLUS vendors go into histrionics over the price, even Easy Pay prices. Susan Graver really gets into prices. At one time, designers and representatives stuck to the product and allowed the host to do her job with prices. And to go on and on about getting it home for $4.99 for six months is absolutely good reason for everybody to buy whether they like it or not.

Carolyn points out every possible good thing to be said about what she's selling. I love the way she pulls up her top to allow customer to actually see where the waist is, and everything else, even though it may not be the most flattering look for her body.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure what you're responding to, but I agree with you totally. I don't watch any live shows, but I do watch a few video presentations from previous shows. Carolyn is by far the best on QVC. She's honest and always comes across as a voice for the customer. I trust her - she's one of the few hosts that I do trust.

Super Contributor

I agree that to each his or her own the hosts are on to sell products and if you connect with a certain person than yes it is probable that you will purchase merchandise from that particular host. That said if Carolyn looks like she represents your body type than fantastic that may help you and that is why she presents D&C fashions with Gary at the morning time slot and has a Carolyns closet because those shows speak to a number of women in a demographic of sizes and the price point is moderate for consumers Personally I do not find Carolyn to be easy to watch she is very informative a bit to overbearing for me likeable enough D&C is not my style but a very lucrative brand . This rings true of all segments & each host selling is the job The no #1 priority