Honored Contributor

I think it's getting ridiculous already, I watched the show in LA I think it was last night and the host and vendors were frantic. My husband sat down with me to watch and immediately starting laughing and said,"are you kidding me, these people are crazy" and got up and left.

Respected Contributor

Yeah I get tired of whatever the catch phrase is they run into the ground. For a while it was, when it's gone, it's gone, now it's only order of the season and another favorite word seems to be "elevated".

and they wonder why I turn off the shows?

Last night I tried watching some of the red carpet special but on the Logo portion, there was some strange banging noise in the background that really got on my nerves and during IM's show, they spent so much time on that leather jacket, that I changed the channel (and I LIKE Isaac) and then went to sleep.

I simply refuse to be either annoyed or bored by the presentations w/o choosing another option.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 OK good, I'm glad to know it wasn't just my impression of those shows! I changed the channel because I got so tired of it.

Respected Contributor

Re: ONLY ORDER OF THE YEAR?

[ Edited ]

one of the most frequent requests they get is when will something be back in stock.  so they over emphasize the only order or not being back until next year.   this is clearly also a selling point.  'buy it now or don't ask for it later'

this only interests me if i am putting off buying something.  but, i usually buy when i see it regardless of seasons.   i have zero patience for hunting down stuff i need now.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That and "the only TSV from (insert name) this year."  In my opinion, the Red Carpet shows are ridiculous.  I watched less than 5 minutes.

Honored Contributor

People do shop early for holiday gifts - Xmas, Hanukkah, etc and also for birthdays coming up. I would never think all purchases were meant for the purchaser's current use. In years past at least, I have bought more from QVC for Xmas & birthday gifts than for myself.

I can totally see buying cashmere at a good price now for a holiday gift or a Nov/Dec birthday.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

People do shop early for holiday gifts - Xmas, Hanukkah, etc and also for birthdays coming up. I would never think all purchases were meant for the purchaser's current use. In years past at least, I have bought more from QVC for Xmas & birthday gifts than for myself.

I can totally see buying cashmere at a good price now for a holiday gift or a Nov/Dec birthday.

@Moonchilde

I was just about to post my confession lol. I am one of those people it works on, when it comes to purchasing future gifts.

Smiley Embarassed

(you know they really need a better embarrassed face on here)

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Super Contributor

It's like Shannon at HSN repeatedly saying "this color is going to sell out this airing" and at 11 p.m. the color is still available!  or Colleen saying "Oh, I hope you can get this" like it is avery rare item.  There are so many phoney statements used as sales pitches, I'm thinking a dictionary might be in order.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm with you on that, I find it funny.  It's sales pitch and I absolutely refuse to let any retailer push me into buying things I don't need now and won't need for a while.  It's raining now but it's 75 and the prediction is high 70's to mid 80's for the next 5 days.  It's summer even here in the northeast.  I laugh because it reminds me of those white jeans they start selling right after Christmas and the hosts start wearing them with sandals and holler at us  "last order of the season!!!!!!!"   Fine, I'll buy my white jeans in May from some othe retailer...lol   

@chrystaltree  I agree with everything except the white jeans. I wear mine all year round...after Labor Day and in the dead of winter....no sandals, but tan or black ankle boots. 

Honored Contributor

@excpa wrote:

It's like Shannon at HSN repeatedly saying "this color is going to sell out this airing" and at 11 p.m. the color is still available!  or Colleen saying "Oh, I hope you can get this" like it is avery rare item.  There are so many phoney statements used as sales pitches, I'm thinking a dictionary might be in order.

Yes, the hosts on HSN (especially Shannon) always say "the (name color) will be gone in this airing and won't be here by the morning shows."   That seldom, if ever, happens.    QVC--"this is our only order of the year so if it sells out we won't get it back."