Trusted Contributor

Re: OK...So what SHOULD QVC offer?

[ Edited ]

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I'd most prefer coupon codes that I can apply before check out.  Either for a specific dollar amount or a percentage off.

YES!  I say this all the time!   HSN does this regularly, and we know they are now part of the same parent company.  I get email almost weekly from HSN with some coupon offer.  They had one yesterday for $15 off $30.  I thought it was great, until it did not work.  I clicked the details and my item fell under exceptions--it was electronics.  Oh, well!  However, if HSN can do this regularly, why not QVC?!

Respected Contributor

GloriBee--did you formerly have a cross stitch business?

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1: Even cash back wouldn't help that usurious interest rate. It might even cause them to raise it even higher. Why would anyone have a Q card when most major credit card companies offer lower rates and give cash back or airline miles to boot?

Honored Contributor

Cut in house expenses, offer free shipping to everyone on everything--it's already factored into the price of the item--spend less time presenting each item.  Make it a true SHOPPING network.  There's value in seeing items demonstrated and explained but QVC has lost its focus.

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

GloriBee--did you formerly have a cross stitch business?

Hi, @GoneButNotForgotten!  No, not me. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Don't the new customers already get a store credit?

I also think it was a poor decision to only offer free shipping for that long to only them.

Free shipping for all for the TSVs - okay, I can see that!

More days of free shipping for anything for all.

Maintain the store credit for the newbies.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen   Yes, lots of comments and the reason is obvious. So, the solution is the obvious IMO, too.

All customers should be treated equally. In fact the ones who've been around the longest, if anything, should be the ones to receive perks.

The newbies may get free shipping until the end of Jan.and boost sales during the holidays, but what happens to them afterwards? Do they leave when they have to pay shipping when free shipping is available elsewhere? Faster delivery? Better quality and customer service?

This decision was short sited at best.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest : That would be nice, but now is their busiest season so that would be impractical. However, transitional seasons such as  January through March and July through mid-August are usually retailers' slack seasons so maybe offer free shipping on everything during those times would boost their sales and make the customers happy. And also offer free shipping for purchases over a certain amount like so many other retailers do.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@Bookplate 

I hear ya.  Heart  Sometimes I have trouble explaining what I mean.  I've been a customer for over 30 years.  I don't think that QVC has any way of knowing that I have been a shopper for so long.  Maybe they can separate the newbees from those who have been a QVC customer for maybe over 5 years.  But I doublt they can tell the difference between who has been shipping 5 years or 10 years, to 35 years.   

@PhilaLady1 

How come they have computers if they can't provide data for them?

Esteemed Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I do not use easy pay because I like to pay the full balance due when I get any monthly credit card bill.  I was in credit card debt hell years ago. Now if I buy anything, I better be able to pay it off entirely when the bill comes.  That's just me, though.  I can understand why people like easy pay.

I'd most prefer coupon codes that I can apply before check out.  Either for a specific dollar amount or a percentage off.

I mentioned on a previous thread that I think there is no way for QVC to know who their long-time customers are.  If you work, think of the computer system you are currently using.  Is it the same system that it was 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago? Probably not.  IMO, QVC has no available data to show for how many years some of us have been shoppers.

@PhilaLady1 

Actually they can tell. Do you remember that when callers would call in, they would put a graphic which stated how long you had been a QVC customer. 

Just from the things that we have heard on this forum they are definitely data driven.

How many customers are actually surfing their web site. How many colors are left, how many units have been sold.