Respected Contributor

OK...So what SHOULD QVC offer?

We've had hundreds of comments about what QVC is "doing" to thier long time customers and the unfairness of offers to  new customers...

What SHOULD they do for long term customers to keep them interested?

Keeping in mind it's a business, they have inventory to get rid of and if they don't move it they probably pay interest on it while it takes up space...

They have slim margins ( you can look up Qurate's margins, or what "margins" mean)...

I watch financial channels ( CNBC and Bloomberg) almost exclusively, and retailers are in trouble. Too much inventory, stuff they anticipated during Covid that no one wants now, shipping costs are WAAAYYY up, the dollar is strong, (which affects exports FROM other countries TO the US) wage inflation for employees....

Competition with Walmart and Target on clothing because they overbought inventory and have to get rid of mountains of it, and people are mostly buying food and items they NEED not want.  And QVC's clothing is NOT much better than either of those stores. Look next time you're visit them....

So what COULD they do that would please us?

Same offer for everyone that the new people get? Offers that don't require that usurious Q card? 

How about longer "easy pay" period for long time customers without having to have that  Q card? Or on larger dollar amount items that we wouldn't buy-too expensive even with Easy Pay?

I don't  know.....but we came down hard on them wiht this poorly thought out offer,  what could they do to be equitable to ALL thier customers?

The Q card is a gimmick....We can get % cash back on our VISA cards in many cases, why use a Q card?

Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: OK...So what SHOULD QVC offer?

I have thought about this. Maybe cash back kinda like a few other credit cards?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Super Contributor

Free returns

Free shipping for Q card holders who spend a certain amount annually

Free shipping for orders $50 and over

QVC rewards similar to what Macys & Kohls does

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

Or points based on dollar amount spent, to be applied to future purchases or free shipping on what the customer wants?

Super Contributor

QVC could have given everyone the same amount of free shippings to use, new customers or long time customers.  Better yet, give the long time customers a few more free shippings for their loyalty. 

Respected Contributor

I do not use easy pay because I like to pay the full balance due when I get any monthly credit card bill.  I was in credit card debt hell years ago. Now if I buy anything, I better be able to pay it off entirely when the bill comes.  That's just me, though.  I can understand why people like easy pay.

I'd most prefer coupon codes that I can apply before check out.  Either for a specific dollar amount or a percentage off.

I mentioned on a previous thread that I think there is no way for QVC to know who their long-time customers are.  If you work, think of the computer system you are currently using.  Is it the same system that it was 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago? Probably not.  IMO, QVC has no available data to show for how many years some of us have been shoppers.

Esteemed Contributor

ITA that the Q card is a scam.  I feel they should give free shipping with a minimum purchase and throw some 50%off sales like other online retailers.  Lands End comes to mind, they have great sales and offer free shipping.   I have an LL Bean cc and earn rewards, get free shipping, free returns, free monogramming.......on and on. And I have a year to return an item.    Chico's also has awesome sales and you can earn rewards on that site too.  This is just a few examples.  I have pretty much stopped ordering on here in the past year or so especially.  I find my dollar goes a lot further eleswhere.  Even HSN has more offers and more free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I do not use easy pay because I like to pay the full balance due when I get any monthly credit card bill.  I was in credit card debt hell years ago. Now if I buy anything, I better be able to pay it off entirely when the bill comes.  That's just me, though.  I can understand why people like easy pay.

I'd most prefer coupon codes that I can apply before check out.  Either for a specific dollar amount or a percentage off.

I mentioned on a previous thread that I think there is no way for QVC to know who their long-time customers are.  If you work, think of the computer system you are currently using.  Is it the same system that it was 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago? Probably not.  IMO, QVC has no available data to show for how many years some of us have been shoppers.

I assume that new shoppers are still being assigned unique customer numbers?  If so, they can easily tell from that number.

Esteemed Contributor

Free shipping over $50.00. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

How abt giving longtime customers  quarterly coupons for 25-30% off Any item they choose . I remember getting coupons yrs ago from QVC  and another shopping channel