Honored Contributor

Re: OH OH QVC'S COMPETITION DID NOT HAVE GOOD RESULTS!

On 5/15/2014 alarmclock said:

Spurt - So? Is everything any store sells up to your standards? Probably not and I am sure we can find junk at QVC.

I guess you forgot about that period a couple of years ago where they were selling cheap costume jewelry ad nauseum.

I am also guessing that you were not aware of all of the complaints on the Ripka stuff.

One piece of jewelry you did not like?

You are one tough customer.

All I'm expecting is to get the quality for the price they are charging.....

I'm not into jewelry involving fake diamonds or huge rings, not a pendant/necklace person.......

I comparison shop and see what's out there----

I've been very happy with the pieces I've purchased from

Hagit

Carolyn Pollack's Sincerely line

Adi Paz

JaI John Hardy

Eternagold-at least that brands resin field was reasonably priced.....

I used to like Anna King....

Shoot I even ordered a Steel By Design bracelet and earrings and was happy with my purchase.

I've ordered from JTV too and have been happy with the quality and prices of the purchases.....

I've purchased fashion jewelry at Department Stores (Dillard's, Macy's, JCP)

Costume jewelry from Nature's Jewelry, James Avery---

I like Tignanello handbags

Some of Valerie Parr Hill decor

Candle Impressions/Luminara

Jim Shore

Used to like some of the kitchen gadgets QVC used to sell.....

For non-QVC-like Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, JCP-home items, Marshalls......and if I pay cash Target, also Dillards, Macy's.....Half priced books, and Barnes and Noble...So lots of stores meet "my standards".....

Oh yes, QVC's has its definite share of junk---In fact, these days, LOTS AND LOTS OF JUNK !!!!

I'm definitely NOT a Judith Ripka fan --- her stuff is overpriced for simulated gems and fake diamonds, and she never seems to vary her style/design.....and if you've read some of my other posts---I don't like the Vicenza pieces or bronzo, or spinel....if jewelry is going to be filled with resin, I expect a lower price....And I don't like Bixby's skull jewelry....

And it wasn't one piece I returned from HSN it was a bracelet and some earrings....

But I'm basing my comments on what I've seen and purchased from HSN.

As an example certainly NOT my style (and everyone has their own personal taste)....but come on an AKKAD Madone CRYSTAL (let me repeat CRYSTAL) goldtone cross pendant for $129.95 ........really?????? item# 345-274

I've never tried Jay Kings stuff..

If you can steer me towards a good jewelry line at HSN at reasonable prices let me know....

But everyone time I flip through the channels its Signature A, Wei East, Electronics,

I DO like the fact that HSN still sells crafts items, and some of their home decor , and their shipping is reasonable....

I had high hopes for HSN since their CEO Mindy Grossman came from Nordstroms....unlike QVC USA whose background is from Wally World....or their CEO from came from dull Dell...But Ms. Grossman seems to be on a celebrity/hollywood kick ...as QVC with their Muppets...they had Wizard of Oz and upcoming Maleficent Movie...{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”