Respected Contributor

Re: OH MY!!! WHAT ARE SOME OF THESE STYLIST THINKING!!!

Even the tallest, skinniest models look overwhelmed by them.  I think their purpose is to conceal the body, not style it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt

I think that the QVC stylists are not very good. They also dress many of the hosts too, so enough said!

The sleeveless seersucker button down shirt paired with a lace yoked dirndl skirt is supposed to evoke the late 60s or the early 90s -- think Carrie in the opening credits of the Sex and the City tv show. It's QVC's attempt to be trendy.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Spurt

I think that the QVC stylists are not very good. They also dress many of the hosts too, so enough said!

The sleeveless seersucker button down shirt paired with a lace yoked dirndl skirt is supposed to evoke the late 60s or the early 90s -- think Carrie in the opening credits of the Sex and the City tv show. It's QVC's attempt to be trendy.

@TY

I concur I dont like the looks these Q Stylist come up with...and yes ATTEMPT to be trendy, but a big fail!!!...As I watch the shows I find myself saying well why didn't they put that top with that color bottoms....or why are they all dressed in white bottoms???  But my ultimate "favorite" was the "braelt"....the way they would but a belt right under the bra....poor Leah seemed to be the victim of "that look".......... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt

QVC has to be the worst when it comes to putting belts on everything. If I never see another G.I.L.I. obi belt, it will be too soon. Nobody with a big bust or midsection looks good in a belt as it cuts the figure in half and draws attention where it's not wanted or needed.

Only the smaller models with smaller bustlines and small waists can pull off the look.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The stylists use a lot of scarves, too. Usually really fluffy and hide the neckline or collars of jackets so it's hard to see what they're selling. I don't see many scarves in my area. Or obi belts, either.

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

The stylists use a lot of scarves, too. Usually really fluffy and hide the neckline or collars of jackets so it's hard to see what they're selling. I don't see many scarves in my area. Or obi belts, either.

@StraytoStay

Sometimes a scarf can look very nice and actually make an outfit look special, BUT sometimes they will style QVC models with all kinds of layers of clothing---and even add a crop jacket on several layers, THEN they add a scarf on top of it all...it looks absolutely OVERWHELMING and not a bit stylish!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Overwhelming is right. Some items are over styled. On a Denim & Co tank that had a semi sweetheart neckline and sewn down areas some complained about in reviews that the neck doesn't lay right. The last presentation I saw the models both had long heavy necklaces on! It must be to deceive and the reviews were right about those necklines.

Found the tank A252698, the model's necklaces weigh down the neck. I thought something was up when I saw that, then read the low reviews & could see why.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

Overwhelming is right. Some items are over styled. On a Denim & Co tank that had a semi sweetheart neckline and sewn down areas some complained about in reviews that the neck doesn't lay right. The last presentation I saw the models both had long heavy necklaces on! It must be to deceive and the reviews were right about those necklines.

Found the tank A252698, the model's necklaces weigh down the neck. I thought something was up when I saw that, then read the low reviews & could see why.

@IMissSuperPoke

Very interesting observation!  And I alway raise an eyebrow during a fashion show and all during the show they have a wide range of models of various shapes and sizes modeling and then they will bring out one clothing item and they suddenly just have the XXS models show that particular item, I know that the garment must not look good execpt on XXS women!!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StraytoStay wrote:

@StraytoStay @TY

Yep, it seems that scarves are being used for camouflage ----  

Oh yes, the obi belt---I had to laugh because there was a promo for an upcoming GILI Show and Jill martin was putting on---the infamous Obi Belt---its like its the main product that GILI sells---Woman LOLWoman LOL  Although I dont see anyone wearing them in my city either........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

ANd yet the first quarter earnings report from QVC shows a increase in sales in clothing.  SO, just goes to show that complaints on these forums about Q fashions ARE NOT reflective of what the feelings of Q customers since not only are they buying but they are buying more Q clothing.

@KathyPet

But read my comment to Sunshine45---there were still some apparel lines that were not included in the "doing well" category, and one in particular where sales had declined ---the CEO only mentioned that Isaac, Graver, Logo, and D&C did well in sales....so about the other clothig lines NOT including in the list of doing well and NOT having sales that lived up to or exceeded expectations which are quite a few of their fashion lines: GILI, Quacker Factory, Joan Rivers, Rinna, Women With Control, Bob Mackie, C. Wonder, Halston.......................