Honored Contributor

Re: Now what am I supposed to do?

@Lipstickdiva - that's interesting.  The same thing just happened to me two weeks ago with an order from Kohl's!  I had ordered a Cuddl Duds top and this huge box arrived.  I thought how ridiculous...until I opened it and found a "My Little Pony" playstation in it along with another customer's invoice.

My name and address on the shipping label; someone else's order and invoice inside.  I contacted Kohl's immediately and was asked to take it back to my nearest store and they would have the correct item there for me to pick up.

I'm still wondering who got my personal information and item in their order!  They told me at the store that this sort of thing happened a lot last year during the run-up to Christmas, so I won't be ordering online again until after that.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I can vouch for that, because I received a D&C top for a woman in Arizona when I was expecting a Linea dress, and my address was on the outside of the box. All her paperwork was inside. I don't know how much this complicated the return process, because the package was returned at the post office and supposedly "picked up by the agent" a couple of days later, and that was the end of the tracking. QVC haasn't gotten it, QVC thankfully reimbursed me, but I'll never know if that lady gets her top.

I had to return something today, and I'll be biting my nails wondering if the incompetent or dishonest contractor decides to send it on its way or give me a situation that requires a claim to be filed.

Honored Contributor

I've not received items that were clearly intended for someone else, though I have received items that were not the items I ordered. In either case, I too would think the thing to do would be to send them back, so I can't fault whoever returned the collectible. Wonderful that QVC was able to make this right, and not to look a 'gift horse' in the mouth, but I guess my question would be why it took Q-Social's intervention to resolve this? Why was the customer originally told by CS that they couldn't help when the matter could have been rectified at that level?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...