Respected Contributor

Now what am I supposed to do?

I ordered an item that was sold several years ago for a gift for my husband.  It's a collection of $2.00 bills, dedicated to every state and territory. .  We've been receiving them on a quarterly basis for at least 2 years.  The other day we received a shipment and my husband noticed that the one that was supposed to come before this latest one never arrived. 

I checked my account and it showed it was sent, so I called CS.  I was told that the item had been returned.  Now, I know for certain neither my husband nor I would have returned it.  I asked if we could get the items that were in that shipment.  CS said that they were no longer available.  So, now he has an incomplete collection

Evidently, somone else received this shipment, opened it and returned it!  Unbelievable that someone would do that when they noticed their name was not on the label! 

So, now what was supposed to be a good gift for a man who  is extremely difficult to buy for is worthless.  We never intended this to be any kind of investment, it was just a neat collection.

Suggestions???

Trusted Contributor

Re: Now what am I supposed to do?

I would suggest searching on ebay for the missing items. You can also save a search, so you will get emails whenever a matching item is posted.

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic We are looking into this, to see if we can help have the missing shipment sent out. I will email you when I have the results. Also, you are welcome to email us directly at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.

~Kim

Respected Contributor

Thanks Kim-QVC, any help is greatly appreciated!!

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic - I suppose the thing you can be grateful for is that the person who opened it returned it and didn't keep it.  Maybe the person just wasn't thinking or was distracted and opened it by mistake, then realizing that mistake, sent it back so you weren't charged for something you didn't receive.

I hope that Kim-QVC is able to sort it all out for you.  Isn't it nice to have the moderators able to check up on these things for us?  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

There is one thing I really love about QVC their customer service is the best!!  They always solve a problem if needed. That's why I trust this company and have been a customer for years. 

Respected Contributor

It's a shame for this to happen with a collection.  But it seems to be happening to me frequently these days.  I called Customer Service just yesterday to ask why I hadn't received a couple of things. They said they had been returned and credits just issued.  We never saw these, and definitely did not return them.  I am sure the problem will get worse as the holidays approach and packages pile up.

In the past I've received items that weren't mine.  In all cases, I have looked up the phone number for someone and called them to say that I got their shipment. They've always been appreciative, and we've found a way to get the package to them without returning it. If no number was available, I have taken two or three packages thru the years to the right address. The last time this happened, it was addressed to someone at a local bank. I always hope that someone will return the favor one day.

QVC has been great about crediting something when it never arrives. I am sure they will now, but in your case it won't help. So sorry it happened to you.  Do check eBay.

Respected Contributor

Perkup,   it definitely is a bummer!  Hoping either the Q or another source can find the missing pieces!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Did you buy this from QVC?

Respected Contributor

One year I had a delivery of 2 Ninjas delivered down the street.  Tracking said it was delivered and I called UPS to find it.  By the time I got there the lady had opened them up and put them away never even looking at the name on the box.  She'd already thrown away the box and packaging as well.  

Hopefully you can find one somewhere. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*