Valued Contributor

slanging all the vendors names, shortening them to first syllable.  I find this quite childish and annoying.  Perhaps it is just me?  What do they think is cute about this?

Super Contributor

Re: Now all the hosts are...

Doesn't bother me at all.  

Honored Contributor

Doesn't bother me either.

Honored Contributor

I agree, I find it juvenile and silly. My first name has two syllables.  If people shortened my name without my permission, I would correct them.  This may not be a big deal or bother people but for some of us it does.  To each his or her own.

Honored Contributor

That's the new QVC for you.  It's all about doing stupid thing and having FUN. 😁

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If the vendor doesn't mind then why should I?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When all hosts start doing the same thing, I suspect they were told to do so...making QVC more "over the fence friendly."

I do not like my three syllable name to be shortened to one syllable, but many take the liberty to do it.  I don't think they are trying to be disrepectful.  At this point, I'm tired of correcting them.  It's not important.  

Respected Contributor

Apparently I'm not watching enough to pick up on this! Give me an example of this type of abbreviation

Respected Contributor

So, Lori becomes "Lor."  Amy becoms "Aim."  It's too much effort to use the correct name.  Oh, wait, it's "quirky," everything has to be a gimmick and quirky.  I mean "quirk."

Trusted Contributor

of all the things that bother me in life, this has to be at the bottom of the list.  Nah it's not even on the radar.