Trusted Contributor

Re: Now all the hosts are...

I have to say the abbreviation thing annoys me, also.  Another abbreviated word I dislike very much is people using "fam" for family.  Geez.  Who thinks this stuff up?

Regular Contributor

@just wonder 

It makes me crazy too...I think they are just trying to show "how tight" they are with one another.....SOme make me crazier than others. ( AMY)

I still say Leah is the Best.....she is one classy lady ..and you don't hear her doing that!!

Regular Contributor

@maximillian 

Yea you mean like FRI _ YAH!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Monday night, I heard Aim call Jackie, the model, "Jack".  I know she loves being called what is definitely a man's name. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

slanging all the vendors names, shortening them to first syllable.  I find this quite childish and annoying.  Perhaps it is just me?  What do they think is cute about this?

@just wonder  I just actually had the misfortune of hearing Amy calling Lori Goldstein "Lor."  It was so annoying -- and she must have said it 20 times during the 15 minutes I watched.  I had to turn the channel.  What in the world would cause these hosts to think something like this is cute?  I certainly don't get it -- and I definitely don't like it.

Respected Contributor

Did anyone else see Rosina when she called Michele Lau Misch? This, just after Ms. Lau pointed out that she had just "met" the host that day and talked to her on the phone prior to the show. Interesting, because I've always heard Michele Lau refer to people by their full first name.

Honored Contributor

Can you imagine a new viewer to QVC trying to locate a product that a host was wearing so they could purchase the item.....so they call QVC's Customer Service from a landline and ask about a specific blouse and tell the Rep it was the show with "Coco" and "Lor"...or maybe it was "Aim" and the Rep says "WHO?", "I dont know who you are talking about or which show...."

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I honestly don't care what they call each other. As long as the tone of voice is pleasant, and the onversation relevant.  The only time it matters is when they tell us to look at someone and they use the wrong name.  But I figure they want us to look at whoever is on the screen.

QVC has so much bigger problems than this.

Regular Contributor

I agree!  There is also a host that calls vendors " Girl". Example Girl this is a great deal. Hey girl haven't seen you in awhile . I really think it's very rude to great people in this manner. 

Occasional Contributor

I don't think I've every posted to a forum, but yes, I just watched a Logo show and Amy used the "Lor" nickname so many times I ended up turning the TV off.  Not to mention her energy level is beyond what I can handle - almost to the point of causing me to get anxious and stressed out.  I watch QVC to veg out and relax not to feel my blood pressure rise!  But yes, the "Lor" and "Ames" specifically drives me nuts...