Esteemed Contributor

Re: Now I've seen everything.

[ Edited ]

@godi wrote:

Wow! Don't forget shipping! Prices are crazy. I saw Halo Clementines for $10:00! 

I bought 5 lbs of Halo Clementines for $8.00. I buy my groceries at Sam's Club. Steak was $11.48 lb. I think it depends where you shop.

Super Contributor

@fthunt  I don't know why she does SO MUCH camo, animal print, and tie dye. I like all 3 but not to wear ALL the time. How much of the same print does one woman need?  She should expand her print collection but I am done with her stuff. Okay at first then the quality diminished, in my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

I watch for 10 mins and then done with the acting.  Everything is camo  or animal........ 

LOL  Tonight I had the TV on in the background and heard Kim say something about "liking the giraffe."  Wow, I didn't know they made giraffe prints.  I guess anything goes now.  Does giraffe make women look taller?

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

Wow! Don't forget shipping! Prices are crazy. I saw Halo Clementines for $10:00! 

I was looking for Halos today, but only saw store-brand and Cuties.  I have a good coupon for Halos that expires 11/30.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Carmie REALLY.........25 A POUND?  WOW

I always fill my big freezer for winter...blizzards or whatever is thrown at us but.....this year I  "smelled" trouble ahead   (another lock down or prices) so I over-stuffed the cooler.  Not so much in steaks but lots of chicken and fish.

I rarely go near the meat section - - coffee coffee YES   LOL

I have a freezer full of NY strip Steaks...I buy the whole strip and get them cut to order.  They used to be around $6-$7 a lb.  They are now $10 a lb.  I have maybe 40 steaks in my freezer bought at the lower price.

The steak I just took a look at were t-bones.  i just wanted to check the price.  My three deep freezers are packed as are my refrig freezers.  Mostly I have veggies and fruit, but there is a lot of meat as well.

I overheard my grandson tell his friend that if there is a zombie apocalypse, he was coming to my house to live.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
A pair of Kim gravel jeans 70 plus dollars?holy smokes,the q must think we are all wealthy.i wouldn't pay that if they looked awsome on me.what in the world is going on?

@Luvsmyfam  Were you looking at the sequined ones? The style is not for me.   I wear her regular ones that are not as expensive.  But honestly, I would rather have one pair of  expensive jeans that look great on me than two or three pairs of cheap ones.  I feel that way about all my clothes.  

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

I get what you're saying!  For ages now, I have seen jeans that are well over $100.  So, this is not surprising.  I guess to many, this is not a high price.  But I can't and won't spend this much on a pair of jeans.  I don't fault anyone who can afford it and wants to buy them, but I still have to look for bargains.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

My favorite jeans are from Lands End. They always have a 40% or even 50% promo code.  Right now, the 50% promo code is Lime.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@Carmie REALLY.........25 A POUND?  WOW

I always fill my big freezer for winter...blizzards or whatever is thrown at us but.....this year I  "smelled" trouble ahead   (another lock down or prices) so I over-stuffed the cooler.  Not so much in steaks but lots of chicken and fish.

I rarely go near the meat section - - coffee coffee YES   LOL

I have a freezer full of NY strip Steaks...I buy the whole strip and get them cut to order.  They used to be around $6-$7 a lb.  They are now $10 a lb.  I have maybe 40 steaks in my freezer bought at the lower price.

The steak I just took a look at were t-bones.  i just wanted to check the price.  My three deep freezers are packed as are my refrig freezers.  Mostly I have veggies and fruit, but there is a lot of meat as well.

I overheard my grandson tell his friend that if there is a zombie apocalypse, he was coming to my house to live.

Now that's funny!!

Regular Contributor

All I can say is get used to it.

Camo?  It's for hunting.  If people who shop at QVC are hurting, think about people who couldn't afford these prices to begin with.  There are people who wear camo because they hunt and need to hunt to eat.  

I think a lot of our habits and ways of spending and thinking are going to have to adjust in the coming years.