Super Contributor

Re: Now I cut down my viewing time!

I don't watch QVC nearly as much as I used to.  I guess I am just getting old, but the clothing that I used to like and purchase has become odd, and I honestly do not see people I know wearing clothing like Logo, or some other brands.

The shows focused on a particular product goew on for hours, now.  IThe Christmas in July is lost on me.  It is depressing to see items for Christmas, presented in July, when it is 1100 degrees, where I live. 

I don't purchase much from QVC - the easy pays get out  of hand, at some point.

I continue to love Quacker Factory and a few other shows.  I am noticing the higher prices on everything.  I cannot see spending so much on simple, every day tops and pants.  I can get comparable quality and style at Kohls, or other places, without spending so much.

Honored Contributor

@txskies wrote:

I don't watch QVC nearly as much as I used to.  I guess I am just getting old, but the clothing that I used to like and purchase has become odd, and I honestly do not see people I know wearing clothing like Logo, or some other brands.

The shows focused on a particular product goew on for hours, now.  IThe Christmas in July is lost on me.  It is depressing to see items for Christmas, presented in July, when it is 1100 degrees, where I live. 

I don't purchase much from QVC - the easy pays get out  of hand, at some point.

I continue to love Quacker Factory and a few other shows.  I am noticing the higher prices on everything.  I cannot see spending so much on simple, every day tops and pants.  I can get comparable quality and style at Kohls, or other places, without spending so much.

@txskies  My word, 1100 degrees is really hot.  LOL I'm just kidding, I know it is a typo. 

We all like different shows  on the Q so I rarely watch except when certain Christmas or Home shows are on.  I use the music channels on satellite as background noise if I want anything.  Personally, I don't see how people watch a shopping channel all day anyway.  I guess they have more free time than I do.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I don't watch that much either anymore. I do like the jewelry shows and the food shows. Although I don't order any. The only Christmas thing I do early is I do my Christmas cards. I like to get them done early and out of the way. I find myself watch HSN and Evine more and more. You would think QVC would get the hint. that they need to inprove their shows. 

Honored Contributor

Watching has become a chore... more pain than pleasure... so I stopped a while back. As for Christmas programming, in July or otherwise, I have nothing against it except... it'll be the same ten brands and twenty items shown in an endless rotation that they've been featuring for Christmas... Christmas in July... and throughout the year for at least the last decade... Nothing that I can see to get even remotely excited about... Certainly nothing I'll choose to watch...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Not one single person I know or have heard speaking,  is even remotely thinking of Christmas right now (nor should we be!)

Super Contributor

I, too, have cut way back on viewing for the same reason others have given: same vendors, CIJ (which I hate), change in quality, etc. The only show I really like to watch is In The Kitchen With David. The rest of them - meh.

Honored Contributor

I'm with the majority of the previous posters. I only rarely watch any QVC, or other shopping channels, anymore. It's just not fun or interesting to me. My shopping in now down (for the most part) to things I actually need, not just shopping for the want of shopping. My house has everything it needs, my closets and dresser drawers are full. My Christmas decor is exactly what I want. What would be the point of continuous shopping? No point, for me. Each person has their own needs, so as always, to each their own.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

Not one single person I know or have heard speaking,  is even remotely thinking of Christmas right now (nor should we be!)

@HB glamma  I respectfully disagree with you about people not thinking about Christmas.  Just go over to the Holiday forum and you'll find a lot of people having fun and getting their holiday decor and exchanging ideas and tips  for planning the holidays.  We enjoy the summer and fall too but nothing says we can't enjoy them all.  My family usually all only get together at the Christmas holidays as we are scattered  across the country so, yes, I enjoy planning early.  Those who don't, well, I guess they will find something else to do as I do when their favorite shows are on.  

I wish you a safe and happy rest of the holiday weekend.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@HB glamma wrote:

@HB glamma  I respectfully disagree with you about people not thinking about Christmas.  Just go over to the Holiday forum and you'll find a lot of people having fun and getting their holiday decor and exchanging ideas and tips  for planning the holidays.  We enjoy the summer and fall too but nothing says we can't enjoy them all.  My family usually all only get together at the Christmas holidays as we are scattered  across the country so, yes, I enjoy planning early.  Those who don't, well, I guess they will find something else to do as I do when their favorite shows are on.  

I wish you a safe and happy rest of the holiday weekend.

REALLY not intending to offend, but all this "holiday" stuff months ahead won't compute in my head.  It isn't special if it's out there half the year or more.

I just LOVED my childhood when you didn't hear about Christmas until after Thanksgiving.  That whole time was magical.  It was so exciting to look forward to.  My dad used to take me to his office, which was located in a shopping center.  I could spend the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving just roaming around the large store located there.  I NEVER got tired of it.  I would start plotting what gifts I could buy for my mother and brother.  With the few dollars I managed to save up.  I marveled at the decorations, wrapping paper, Christmas trees, etc.  I would think about it for days.

Yes, I know life isn't that way anymore.  Much the pity.  I will never be a fan of Christmas in July.  And no matter how many times it's explained to me, I just can't feel it.

And I also know I cannot change it.  I will keep my beautiful memories.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@ChouChou wrote:

I, too, have cut way back on viewing for the same reason others have given: same vendors, CIJ (which I hate), change in quality, etc. The only show I really like to watch is In The Kitchen With David. The rest of them - meh.

I'm with you 100%.