Honored Contributor

Notifications - are they working?

There are times I click on a random thread and begin to read the posts and all of a sudden see I have been notified, but that particular notification hasn't shown up in the "Notifications" listing.

Then other times Notifications do seem to be working.

Has anyone else noticed Notifications are hit and miss lately?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Notifications - are they working?

My notifications are not working.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

Yes -- mine have been on and off for a few days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach@pommom@judy0330 

I've noticed it, continuing off-and-on for about a week.   This has been a sporadic problem.   Just fyi, the issue seems to be affecting many (most?  all?) posters.   There have been other comments about this, there's also an active thread in "Customer Care" on the topic, and @Paulette-QVC has reported the problem.   

Glad to see people reporting all these glitches with helpful threads in various sub-forums, because the more exposure the better chance IT will at least try to investigate and correct.😊

(Thread:  "Moderator. Glitch With Notifications?" at link https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Moderator-Glitch-With-Notifications/m-p/5504415#M37683)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thank you, @dooBdoo , for pointing out the other thread and that it's been addressed. 

And for being so kind as to state the more reports the better.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Sporadic for me also.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

It’s not just notifications . . . I have been kicked out in the middle of writing!  Also when responding, as one gets down to the bottom of the post, you cannot go beyond a certain point.  It just stops you there.

That could be this iPad also, I wouldnt be surprised.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach are you kidding me.  The videos on my site run for a third of the time and then time out.  I have no problems with videos with any other sites.  This is my second round wirh fhis prolem which happened about six months or so ago and then they came back.  The first time I called customer service and they said they were working on it.  I am waiting for them to come back.  I give up.